Lounge Doctor

THR Hi, Yearly update

SaraK

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Martin, I'm glad you're staying on top of the bug bites. This early into recovery, almost anything like that can throw us into a frenzy. Thank goodness the docs are all taking it seriously and being very proactive!

I had a rash for 5 months (4 before and 1 after my first THR). I was so scared that the doctor would put off my surgery and then was even more miserable from the incessant itching than I would have been with just the surgery. It made me question my sanity at times. I had so many diagnoses of it between nurse practitioner at walk in clinic, primary care practitioner and several trips to dermatologist. Eventually, the internet and I solved the mystery - in part because the one thing that made it better was the antiseptic wipes before surgery.

BeBe

graduate
Country
@mcopt
What!? Hopefully the reactions from the bites settle down soon.
One never thinks of this as a complication but never say never.
Is it worth discussing the blood thinners with your surgeon?
I don't remember if you have an issue or if it is the OS protocol.
Wishing you a noneventful weekend and hope this new development resolves soon

Kikki

Country
@mcopt

Oh my. Wow, sorry to hear about your bug bites. Yep, never would have thought about that- good to keep in mind. Hope your upper antibiotics take care of reaction. Cellulitis is not good with new hips.

I’m glad that the new hip is doing well and minimal swelling bruising !! That has to be really encouraging. Glad energy is better.

Kikki.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
he warned if it continues to get worse over the next few days I would have to have IV antibiotics the big worry here is this developing into cellulitis with the possibility of the bacteria affrecting the new joints with devastating consequences
Oh for crying out loud and oh my stars...can you have worse luck from the beginning of your THR journeys.:swoon:
I want you well doggone it.:oyvey:
Stay in the house, away from bugs...and get well.

:)It's going to be OK, let's hope he is speaking from a place of overabundance of caution.
I am throwing major good mojo over the pond...:yes:

OP
OP
mcopt

mcopt

senior
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am thinking the bites are looking a little calmer this morning but the higher dose antibiotics do make you feel queasy hopefully this will pass it's a small price to pay . I have been staying indoors more but with the nice weather windows and doors open the little pests get in the house as well plenty of insect spray needed there was me thinking nice weather can sit outside in shorts during recovery:no-fin: I have had cellulitis in my leg in the past after an insect bite when we went to a zoo I am one of those people insects tend to go for :badspidy: its funny how its usually the small things that cause the most trouble I have had countless skiing and motorcycling accidents etc and bounced back fine then go and cut my finger working on my car and end up nearly checking out with sepsis (septecemia as it was known) about 30 years ago. Hope you all enjoy the wedding today have to get my union jack and stars and stripes flying !

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Gracious...and ow! They look very painful.
I'm really sorry that it's another complication for you.
My sister has extremely bad reactions to insect bites and they love her too.
It's because y'all are so sweet I guess!:)

jaydub63

graduate
Country
Oh wow! Any idea what kind of bugs did that??? My daughter seems to sometimes get reactions like that to bug bites like mosquitoes too. I recall some trips to the pediatrician's office and the sharpie lines around the swelling to mark how big the bite was. I think some of us are just more sensitive to routine bug bites than others. Hope that clears up quickly!

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Country
Holy Moly! Unbelievable!
Thankfully the bites don't hurt. Consider some Chamomile or Ginger tea for your tummy woes.
A good pro-biotic too, if you aren't already. I hope those bites heal up soon.

Loved the ceremony! Kissing on the steps and Amen being sung in the background as they got into the coach
They seem so in love, hope it lasts! :loveshwr: :roseshwr:
@mcopt

OP
OP
mcopt

mcopt

senior
Country
@Layla I think theyare calming down now going to double up on probiotic now thanks for advice. The wedding was spectacular beautiful setting we have decided to take a trip to Windsor when I can manage the long walk we are only about 80 miles from there .Welcome to our Royal Family

Constanze

graduate
Country
Germany Germany
Oh dear, Martin @mcopt , those bug bites look really sort of horrible. I'm glad they are getting better. I feel for you - I get bitten easily, but don't have such reactions.

Of course we watched the wedding on TV - my English husband and me. Luckily the weather has been fine. Best - Constanze

OP
OP
mcopt

mcopt

senior
Country
Hi @Constanze it was a lovely day for the Royal Couple beautiful setting . The doctor reckons my response was worse because of the blood thinners it makes the blood nice and easy for the little pests to suck ironically the advice here now is not to wear compression stockings so if I had been wearing them like expected I probably wouldn't have been bitten .
Hope training is going well I really need to get moving soon the weight just starts going on during recovery !!

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Re royal wedding...I watched all.
I loved watching the awkward determination on the faces of some of the more conservative guests to "suffer" through some of the more unorthodox portions of the ceremony.
I'm sure it was quite the conversation at dinner tables afterwards.
I must say, both choirs were quite spectacular.
So cool you are so close.
Hoping those bites are clearing.

OP
OP
mcopt

mcopt

senior
Country
Hi @Mojo333 I like your description of the reactions to the Reverand he certainly made his point . Nice to see a mix of traditions though. It was a great event yeah not too far away in fact my eldest daughter lives only about 10 miles from Windsor in Surrey mind you everywhere is close in England a 100 mile trip gets you most places in the states that is just a trip to the shops for some ! Not going to say much about bites as don't want to tempt fate but maybe going the right way now . Just resting up watching motorcycle vids on you tube planning and plotting what bike to buy next as a new hip treat.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Country
No one was sleeping during his sermon, that's for sure, whether they liked it, or not :heehee:
I thought it was great and loved watching some trying not to laugh or looking wide eyed like they
were thinking - who is this guy....is he for real? :heehee:

I hope the bites continue to fade and that you have a nice rest of the day!
@mcopt

Last edited:

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:hog: :yahoo:
Double hippy prize. Great idea..
Something with ape hangers?
Keep your spine stretched out?
New sportster....lightweight easy to pick up?
:fingersx: for the "we arent mentioning" it problem.

OP
OP
mcopt

mcopt

senior
Country
@Mojo333 was thinking about the new Street Bob I tried one for size at the local dealers just before my second op it seemed to fit quite well easy to swing my new hip over and mini apes with mid controls make it comfy justwhich colour ? We will see ....as soon as hips ok will arrange a test ride :yes!:

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Comfy looking....I kind of like the turkey turd green...but can't go wrong with red OR black.
You're only allowed to look right now is right!

OP
OP
mcopt

mcopt

senior
Country
@Mojo333 Turkey turd green :snork: yeah it does actually look good they have one of those and a black in stock the industrial grey looks good but short supply over here might pop down tommorow (joking) the green looks good in real life I have a jeep in recon green and was a bit unsure at first but really like it now especially as I have finally got it back with new locks . My other thought was to go for black its a bit cheaper and have a custom spray job done on the tank a couple of hip joints perhaps! plenty of time to sit and think :what:

New

OneStep App

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
irving95
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom