SaraK
Former BoneSmart Staff Member
Martin, I'm glad you're staying on top of the bug bites. This early into recovery, almost anything like that can throw us into a frenzy. Thank goodness the docs are all taking it seriously and being very proactive!
I had a rash for 5 months (4 before and 1 after my first THR). I was so scared that the doctor would put off my surgery and then was even more miserable from the incessant itching than I would have been with just the surgery. It made me question my sanity at times. I had so many diagnoses of it between nurse practitioner at walk in clinic, primary care practitioner and several trips to dermatologist. Eventually, the internet and I solved the mystery - in part because the one thing that made it better was the antiseptic wipes before surgery.
I had a rash for 5 months (4 before and 1 after my first THR). I was so scared that the doctor would put off my surgery and then was even more miserable from the incessant itching than I would have been with just the surgery. It made me question my sanity at times. I had so many diagnoses of it between nurse practitioner at walk in clinic, primary care practitioner and several trips to dermatologist. Eventually, the internet and I solved the mystery - in part because the one thing that made it better was the antiseptic wipes before surgery.
United States


I have had cellulitis in my leg in the past after an insect bite when we went to a zoo I am one of those people insects tend to go for
its funny how its usually the small things that cause the most trouble I have had countless skiing and motorcycling accidents etc and bounced back fine then go and cut my finger working on my car and end up nearly checking out with sepsis (septecemia as it was known) about 30 years ago. Hope you all enjoy the wedding today have to get my union jack and stars and stripes flying !



for the "we arent mentioning" it problem.
yeah it does actually look good they have one of those and a black in stock the industrial grey looks good but short supply over here might pop down tommorow (joking) the green looks good in real life I have a jeep in recon green and was a bit unsure at first but really like it now especially as I have finally got it back with new locks . My other thought was to go for black its a bit cheaper and have a custom spray job done on the tank a couple of hip joints perhaps! plenty of time to sit and think 