murrinholi
junior member
Thanks Josephine sharonslp Poppet & LeeApril26
Seriously do not know what I would do without this forum. Thankyou. The last few weeks have past by in a whirlwind, I honestly don't know where time has gone. I had family from down South staying for a while.
I am able to walk around fine now, six weeks post op. I have reduced my mst to 20mg twice a day and it's scaring the hell out of me. I have noticed since my surgery that when I relax in bed, my left leg (new hip) lays straight, but my right is not far off being externally rotated. I had some pain in my groin like before, I don't know if I'm imagining it, or the AVN has gotten worse on my right hip.
I've also been experiencing muscle cramps, awful ones in my foot & painful left knee. Could this all be, because now I have a new hip I am walking normally now as opposed to before when I walked with a limp and a tilted pelvis?
My GP has had to refer me to a physio, the exercises they gave me at the hospital I was able to do with ease from the day after surgery. I have been doing others myself, but I literally have little muscle mass on my left side, which is visually obvious... Apparently my check up in two weeks (8weeks post op), involves seeing a physiotherapist at a clinic. He will decide if I need to see the surgeon... Is that standard practice?
I don't want to have to go through the pain of a joint collapse again, I guess that's my worst fear. I know there's light at the end of the tunnel, but it just can't see it at the moment, guess my family/friends have enough going on too. I have been too scared to say anything to anyone,,,
I'm at a loss, don't know if I'm venting or trying to talk myself into finding out what's going on, or just overthinking things because it's been an emotional roller coaster of late...
In the meantime, I shall enjoy being able to walk around pain free and I am even able to lay on my left side woooo!!
Thanks for 'listening'
Seriously do not know what I would do without this forum. Thankyou. The last few weeks have past by in a whirlwind, I honestly don't know where time has gone. I had family from down South staying for a while.
I am able to walk around fine now, six weeks post op. I have reduced my mst to 20mg twice a day and it's scaring the hell out of me. I have noticed since my surgery that when I relax in bed, my left leg (new hip) lays straight, but my right is not far off being externally rotated. I had some pain in my groin like before, I don't know if I'm imagining it, or the AVN has gotten worse on my right hip.
I've also been experiencing muscle cramps, awful ones in my foot & painful left knee. Could this all be, because now I have a new hip I am walking normally now as opposed to before when I walked with a limp and a tilted pelvis?
My GP has had to refer me to a physio, the exercises they gave me at the hospital I was able to do with ease from the day after surgery. I have been doing others myself, but I literally have little muscle mass on my left side, which is visually obvious... Apparently my check up in two weeks (8weeks post op), involves seeing a physiotherapist at a clinic. He will decide if I need to see the surgeon... Is that standard practice?
I don't want to have to go through the pain of a joint collapse again, I guess that's my worst fear. I know there's light at the end of the tunnel, but it just can't see it at the moment, guess my family/friends have enough going on too. I have been too scared to say anything to anyone,,,
I'm at a loss, don't know if I'm venting or trying to talk myself into finding out what's going on, or just overthinking things because it's been an emotional roller coaster of late...
In the meantime, I shall enjoy being able to walk around pain free and I am even able to lay on my left side woooo!!
Thanks for 'listening'
United Kingdom