Hip Infection Happy to be here

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cynthia777 the doc appointment went fine but as per usual I had to explain what I had done and which meds I was on. Would be nice if they read your notes before they see you. Have managed to get my meds down to 3 times a day from 4. Still having the daily blood thinning injection, (will be happier when they stop!) I have a real needle phobia :bolt::scaredycat:. Staples removed yesterday, some were painful as there is still a lot of swelling so we're tightly in, had 42 in total. All good though, another step closer to recovery. Had a night out with friends last night :cheers: so cabin fever better today. The sickness is better as have changed when I take the antibiotic that causes it, now take it with lunch, seems to have eased it. So all in all everything seems to be going to plan, have been told by everyone that I look really well. I point out that this is because I am not ill have just been a bit broken and have had a refurb. :heehee::yes!::dancy:. Still feeling tired, but sleep is best for the body to recover. :yawn::sleep:. Will keep you updated on my continuing progress x
 
You sound wonderful...well, at least very good! :-)
It's hard to believe that so soon after surgery you're out and about meeting up with friends!!! Wow, 42 stitches! How long is your scar?
 
Good grief that's a lot of staples and a big incison !!! I bet it feels better.....without all the staples!! Best of luck!
 
@Cynthia777 I have posted a pic of my scar on the badge of honour thread it is on the last page and right at the bottom. It looks really neat compared to some of the others. Yes I think everyone was surprised to see me last night but it was lovely to do something normal and be amongst the land of the living. Paying for it a bit today, as I woke up in a lot of pain but heyho that's what the drugs are for. @donor yes it was a lot and yes it does feel better. My partner came into the nurses room with me and he was shocked, he wasn't expecting such a long scar and so many staples. I am just happy that it's another thing ticked off my road to recovery list. :egypdance::phone:
 
I just took a look and I must say, that's one loooong scar! BUT, it does look like they really did a good job on closing you up...very neat! Best take it easy today after romping around yesterday! Do the pain meds keep your pain at a tolerable level?
 
@Cynthia777 it's quite impressive isn't it. Yes I am managing my pain well, although they only gave me enough tablets for 7 days on leaving the hospital and my doctors appointment was in 9 days so I had to spread the last few days out a bit which meant I didn't have enough for the day yesterday. Been topped up now so should be better today.
 
@Cynthia777 gp visit went well, topped up my meds and had staples removed. Still got to have blood tests to check on the infection. Been to the beauty salon today and had a lovely pedicure, was such a special treat. Cannot believe it's been less than 3 weeks and I am feeling wonderful. Still painful but taking it in my stride, excuse the pun.:giggle: Best friend is off work for the school summer holidays, so have someone who can take me out to relieve the boredom:friends::console2:
 
:hi: all my fellow hippies, so it is 3 weeks to the day since my surgery. I am making good progress. Have had staples out last week and going to remove the dressing this evening, it's starting to come off now any way. Doing my exercises daily :dancy:and knee lifts are getting better. Have reduced my meds by one dose a day from 4 times to 3. This means that I am less sleepy and brain is less fogged up. Managing to do little things around the house using one crutch :walking:which makes me feel less useless. Still taking it easy and slowly, so don't worry, I am not overdoing it. All in all still feeling positive:yahoo: and looking forward to the next milestone. :loveshwr::happydance:Hope you are all doing well at your various stages:prayer:.
 
Lovely update - sounds so good at just three weeks. It is great to hear the uncomplicated stories as well as the angst ridden ones ! Take care.
 
Hi guys, it's been a while since I have been on here. Had my revision surgery July 2015, started having stabbing pains in the area on my thigh that I was having prior to surgery. Also getting pain in my hip and knee again, am worried that the pain could be the infection come back. Am also getting pain in left hip which has never presented with a problem before. Am still using one walking stick and can only hobble around the house without it. I am hoping that this is normal for recovery after revision surgery.
 
Awww @hayleybell63, I'm so sorry to hear you're having some issues with your revision. I'll page @Josephine for you, as she is the one who can answer your question for you. It's good to see you again and I'll be praying (as you know) for your issues to be a normal part of the revision surgery you went through. Hugs my friend! :prayer:
 
Hoping that you find out what is going on soon! Hang in there!


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR in my future.
 
Have you access to your surgeon for a follow-up? If not, I suggest you phone his secretary and ask her to arrange an appointment but that you want to see him and not his registrar.
 
Thanks all, I have got another physio appointment and have been advised to call my consultant as well.Will keep you updated . :unsure:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom