THR gwenc's recovery

Good luck with your appointment. Sounds like a 2nd opinion is a must no matter what
I wonder how is the best way of going about this? Some type of recommendation but from whom?
 
Hi gwenc
So sorry to hear that you may need a revision, I am also a horse girl and I would be devastated. Good luck with your appointment and keep us all posted sending positive thoughts and energy your way!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@gwenc Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts and prayers to you. So sorry you are having to deal with this...Rita
 
Fingers crossed for you @gwenc ! Do print off that image Jo left you. If anything it will help you to have a good conversation with this surgeon.
 
@gwenc Please baby that hip until you see what problem is.
Storm raged here and put me out of power for almost 3 days but nothing like what poor Florida caught.
Thinking of you:console2:
 
Last edited:
Good Morning, @gwenc
Thinking of you as you prepare for your appt today and praying for the best possible outcome.
Stay strong. You have many here who care, are behind you and supporting you.
May all your questions be answered today so you are able to move forward.
Sending a hug....
 
Had you on my mind all day @gwenc .
You okay?
No matter what, it WILL be okay.
Wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and sending prayers!
 
Doctor said he didn't see anything in the x-rays which indicates a loose stem, but was very concerned with the type and location of pain I have been experiencing.. Pain on rising from sitting, and pain when walking COULD be a loose stem. However he wants me to try PT for 6 weeks to see how that goes and then see me again in 3 months. Gonna try that and also get a second opinion.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Gracious, well relieved no obvious sign of major issue. Whew! There has to be done encouragement.
Did they say exactly what PT for what issue? Piriformis or ?
Did you receive copies if X-ray?
Would love to see you run the PT regimen by @Josephine or @Jaycey when you are able. Keeping you in my prayers.
Positive mojo sent your way :fingersx:
 
PT for weak thigh muscles in general, I suppose. At least he did not poo-poo my concerns and did say I should not be experiencing this type of pain this far out from surgery. He was concerned and gave me his time, so that is good. However he stands by his work and says he sees nothing in the xray that makes him alarmed, just my symptoms. So he is saying the stem could be loose but he wants me to try the PT and wait a while. Here are latest xrays

[Bonesmart.org] gwenc's recovery
 
Hi @gwenc
First off.....I'm sorry you are experiencing this. Wish this wasn't happening for you.

I can't help but wonder if your OS confirmed or agreed with any of Josephine's assessment.....
If the the possibility of a loose stem has yet to be ruled out, is there any concern
that an additional 6 weeks of PT could aggravate, or worsen the situation?
You don't need to respond to me, but it raises the question of the possibility of further
damage occurring before you have a clear explanation as to what is causing your pain.
Hopefully a second opinion will shed some light.
Prayers for definitive answers and resolution.
Best wishes for a relaxing weekend.
 
No, he said you cant tell from the xrays that the stem is loose. So he is not denying her assessment, but not confirming it either. Going for second opinion next week.
 
How did you determine where to get your 2nd opinion?
When I tried the dr denied to even see me
Just wondering in case I still go that route
Thanks
 
All drs policies are different. This docs limit is 90 day's
 
@gwenc I'm going to tag @Josephine to read your x-ray in post #134. I'm really not sure that PT will fix anything. Maybe just make you sore.
 
I not sure either but worth a try. If it doesn't help or makes it worse I will stop. I just need some hope at this point
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom