THR Greg555's Recovery Thread

Just a little shy of the one year anniversary of my THR. I can’t report any hip problems. In fact I’ve noticed another marked improvement in mobility and lack of stiffness over the last two months. I did encounter some knee swelling and a small Baker’s cyst on the op side. Something was causing a swelling. The doctor offered a choice between an MRI or cortisone injection. I chose the cortisone. That was almost three weeks ago and the knee is back to normal. An X-ray indicated no signs of arthritis. I think it may be a small meniscus tear. I’ll be scheduling the one year follow up with the surgeon next month.
 
Hi @Greg555
Great to hear that you are doing well.:happydance:
Has it been almost a year already?
A tough year for people in general last year... And I've heard a Baker's Cyst is terribly painful SSI glad that is cleared up.

Success stories are so important for upcoming hippys to read, so thanks for the update.
Onward and upward!
 
Wow Greg that is great to hear that your hip replacement has gone so well. It sure is fun to read about success when it comes to a hip replacement.
So far so good. It has really changed the quality of my life for the better. The recovery was a little slower than I anticipated. THR remains one of the most successful surgeries. I probably waited 18 months too long to have it done. That was a miserable 18 months.
 
Hi @Greg555
Great to hear that you are doing well.:happydance:
Has it been almost a year already?
A tough year for people in general last year... And I've heard a Baker's Cyst is terribly painful SSI glad that is cleared up.

Success stories are so important for upcoming hippys to read, so thanks for the update.
Onward and upward!
Yes. A year already. Amazing. The baker cyst is apparently a secondary symptom. Something is going on my knee that’s causing inflammation, and in turn the cyst develops. The cyst looked very small on X-ray. I can’t say that there was a lot of pain. It was a full feeling that limited flexibility. I wonder if it might be a geometry/alignment change from the hip replacement. I’m doing some strengthening work.
 
Just swinging by to offer an update and perhaps encouragement. The hip replacement is doing fantastic. I practice zero restrictions as directed by my doctor. I detect no difference between my non-replaced hip and replaced hip. Retirement is two months away with me walking into it like a 30yo. Thank God for modern medicine.
 
@Greg555 thank you so much for popping in with a great update, and for your kind comment on another member's recovery thread.
My happy 18 month old and nearly 2 year old knees salute you!
 
Hi Greg, It's nice to hear from you and learn you're doing well. Thanks for stopping by.
Wishing you a happy retirement! Enjoy every moment, you've earned it! :)
@Greg555
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom