TKR Going to gym post-op

I'm 10 months post up on TLK and 23 months post up on TRK. I am working part time, walking 20 minutes 2-3 times a week. I have some clicking on the left knee with bending. I'm trying to treat it like a healthy knee lol. I do a lot of yard work and light gardening. I have some popping in the back pelvic area if I walk really fast. I saw an acupuncture doctor on a cruise after climbing many steps 7 months ago. She said it could be piriformis syndrome. I have tried stretching but can't get it to relax. Any one else have this problem? Also is the clicking normal? Thanks
 
@Anjoh22
Clicking of the is totally normal; it's the implant. My L knee clicks like a metronome when I walk; my R hardly ever.

Re the popping: can you better explain what you mean by "back pelvic area."
Sacrum? Coccyx? Midline or on one side?

The piriformis muscle is in the middle of the butt cheek. Piriformis syndrome, entrapment of the sciatic nerve by the piriformis, creates pain at that area and radiating downward the back of the thigh.

It's not unusual for us to develop soft tissue problems after knee replacement as our structure resets.

You may want the area of this popping evaluated by a sports medicine doctor, a physiatrist (physical medicine doctor), a pain specialist, or a doctorate prepared PT - all are skilled in assessing and treating soft tissue problems.
 
Last edited:
@Anjoh22 I also have clicking in one knee and not the other post-replacement. It seems to be fairly common. As long as there is no pain, it's not something to be concerned about.

Regarding your buttocks pain, you might find this article helpful: Piriformis syndrome

I've tried acupuncture and therapeutic massage to reduce my piriformis pain with some success. Or, as mendogal suggested, you might want to see a specialist in soft tissue pain management.

Please keep us posted.
 
Awesome thank you so much for info !! Good to know clicking is ok
Thanks again
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom