Guest viewing is limited

GCT, bone graft, 30yo TKR advice welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jozilla sorry, forgot to say re: the custom knee, it's specific to me, sort of, it's part of a range that Stanmore offer, so they all look the same but the lengths differ based on what the patient needs doing. I think it's a bit like the one shown here but not so long: broken link removed: https://www.stanmoreimplants.com/custom-femoral-oncology-implants.php I'm so intrigued they straightened your legs, did that hurt the muscles as they adapted? Did it make it harder for the non-operated on leg to adapt to walking?
 
Hi Hannah. Thanks for the info! I will say yes by straightening my right leg my left does not like it. I did not realize how much my legs twisted so I could walk. I am looking forward to the left feeling just as good but like you I am not a fan of the long recovery! Now at about nine months out I totally forget the tkr knee. I will read up on your knee as I find it fascinating what they can do. I have a little over two weeks for my surgery. Yikes!!
 
That is an amazing knee. So glad to see something like that being used! Technology is great sometimes!
 
Hi Hannah. Thanks for the info! I will say yes by straightening my right leg my left does not like it. I did not realize how much my legs twisted so I could walk. I am looking forward to the left feeling just as good but like you I am not a fan of the long recovery! Now at about nine months out I totally forget the tkr knee. I will read up on your knee as I find it fascinating what they can do. I have a little over two weeks for my surgery. Yikes!!

I love that you forget about your 'new good knee' (as we like to call it) nowadays. It never stops being a relief to hear people say that. I've been up and down the stairs six times and out for a visit to my GP today and it feels like I've gone back two weeks in how stiff and sore my leg is, so I needed to see this, thank you. I keep reminding myself (whilst willing the clock to reach medication time) that two weeks ago I wouldn't have even gone down stairs but it doesn't make it easier to look forward to a time when it won't hurt.

Yikes indeed! So exciting to know what awaits after you have the surgery but 'Ugh!' to the recovery. I hope it goes as successfully as your first and relieves some of the additional pressure that put on the left leg muscles. Look forward to hearing about it!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom