Guest viewing is limited

Frustrating day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caligirl I am SO glad you made that phone call!!!!

I had LTKR on Jan 20, and I must say I am STILL using the raised toilet seat (I saw someone posted you don't need it for a single, HA!). I have removed it twice and tried but my quad muscle is just not strong enough yet, so back on it went. My insurance co would not pay for a raised toilet seat so PT ordered a commode. Then you remove the bucket and set THAT over the toilet: raised seat and bars to hold on and push up! There is a splash guard in the bucket to use. Fantastic!
 
Thanks @Freedom. I went ahead and bought toilet rails. I also bought a portable toilet riser. It was quite inexpensive, so I figured better safe than sorry.

My hope is that I can manage with the toilet rails and no riser in the master bathroom, and the riser with no rails in the hall bathroom. The toilet in the hall bathroom is positioned between the wall on on side and the vanity on the other, so I figure I've got something sturdy to hold on to in there if I need it.

Converting the commode is a brilliant idea, though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom