Guest viewing is limited

TKR Four yrs post op and my RTKR is unstable

Am I completely "pain-free?" No!
I know that it'll be at least another 6 months before I go through the day without even thinking about my knees.
Thanks for this wonderful update! You are very wise in your expectations.

You are really doing well and are able to do more than many of us, at your stage of recovery.

Cape Henlopen was the beach we always went to, but we never did the hikes. My friend used to drive down there, taking her bike, and enjoyed riding the trails there. Lots to do there!
 
Hello All. I got my RTKR in June 2019; my LTKR in April 2021. I underwent these TKRs because my knees were worn out from osteoarthritis. I could barely walk because of the pain AND my knees frequently "buckled" and, literally, let me down. I had an uneventful recovery and am mostly happy with the results: I can walk for miles without pain and I can dance again. My only complaint (and disappointment) is that sometimes my RTKR buckles without warning. The other day, I stepped off a curb with my right leg and as I put my foot on the pavement, my leg collapsed and I fell to the ground. I was unhurt. My husband helped me up and I said to him: "I don't know why that happened." I haven't had this problem with my left leg so I guess I should stop stepping off of curbs with my right leg and only use my left leg.
What do you think?
Have any of you experienced anything like this?
 
Hello MonarchMama,
I am sorry you're dealing with the sporadic buckling of your right knee. I am wondering if you've contacted your surgeon's office to discuss this? If not, you should consider scheduling a visit to learn what may be causing the instability, especially since it recently led to a fall. Hopefully he will be able to offer you the reassurance all is well, but he may want an updated health history and possibly even an x-ray, CT scan or MRI to look at positioning and the surrounding bone to make sure all appears as it should. I would start with a phone call and go from there. I do think you should attempt to find the origin of the buckling to prevent additional falls and possibly a more serious injury or damage to your implants. Thankfully your husband was there when you tumbled and you weren't hurt.

Please notice that we have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. Having your recovery information contained in one place will make it easier for you to reflect back on. It is also helpful for those stopping by to be able to review your history before advising or commenting.
Please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here.

I edited your thread title to reflect your current concern. I wish you only the best. Please stay in touch and let us know how you're doing.
@MonarchMama
 
Back
Top Bottom