TKR First time TKR at 45 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the advice yesterday- I took pain meds, iced and elevated all night and it was the best night of sleep I have had in a while. Thanks so much!
 
Thanks for all the advice yesterday- I took pain meds, iced and elevated all night and it was the best night of sleep I have had in a while. Thanks so much!


This sight is so awesome. We all here to help each other,share experiences and make each other know that we aren't alone in recovery


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
[Bonesmart.org] First time TKR at 45 years old.



FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
@quiltlady I'm just a couple days ahead of you. When I saw the OS to have the staples removed the APRN gave me an additional script for pain meds so I wouldn't have to come in to get them. I ran out over 4th of July weekend and had to have my daughter drive to the doctor's office to pick up the script since pain meds can no longer be sent directly to the pharmacy. Most doctors don't want you to suffer. Mine told me not to be a hero. Today I was able to skip a dose this afternoon, but that was it, I'm ready for the next one. It's far better to stay ahead of the pain, you will advance much further, much faster when not in pain. Good luck.
 
Hi everyone , it has been three weeks today. One issue that started today is that my entire knee has turned red and is burning up. Is this something I should call my doctor about?
 
I'm about 8 weeks out and didn't have anything like that happen. I think I would at least call the Dr. about that. It would be better to know that to just wonder and worry.
 
Hi everyone , it has been three weeks today. One issue that started today is that my entire knee has turned red and is burning up. Is this something I should call my doctor about?
Yes. Call your doctor.
 
I would call the doctor, especially if you haven't had redness or heat in the knee before. The first 3 weeks I had redness and heat in leg, especially if I hadnt iced for a while. So that might be part of it you might want to try that, definitely take your temperature make sure you don't have a fever.
 
I didn't start getting a decent nights sleep until week 4 however I did manage to doze off on my back which I would have sworn before the op would never happen as I always sleep on my side. Found that I was getting out of bed really early, going through to lounge and catching up on TV shows to pass the time and it didn't matter if I dozed off through them either as happened often . Only recently picked up an old cross-stitch I've been trying to finish for years and now feel able to concentrate on it since I've got time on my hands now.
 
I'd also call the doctor re the redness and heat. My knee was unusually very hot when I was out yesterday and this morning found the scar to be weeping slightly. I got some antibiotics from my GP in case it's an infection. Hope yours is OK.
 
Can't heal if you're in pain. Give your body the support and gentleness it needs to get through this.

Here's hoping that the 9th time is the charm. Poor little knee!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom