Guest viewing is limited

THR Finally Home!!

Hi again,
I developed some knee pain and significant bruising 2 - 2 1/2 weeks post op.
Due to dislocation of the hip during surgery. Could be what's causing your pain.
Ice the knee right along with the hip area that's bothering you and read the BIG TIP -

BIG TIP:
Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

It's solely your choice but I'd consider laying off PT temporarily, begin some serious icing and see if the pain abates. If it does.....I'd rethink PT. Just my opinion. I don't want to see you hurt yourself.

Hope your weekend is peaceful.
@emilymae99
 
4 weeks post op today and I'm feeling great! been off crutches for a couple of days now. I still take 1 out with me if I need to go to the shops or somewhere that I'll be walking/standing for some amount of time! I'm now allowed to go to the gym and do light exercise on a static bike. only sad thing is that my scar hasn't completely healed yet so I'm not allowed to go for a swim just yet... soon though, I've just got to be patient!!

I just have a quick question that I hope someone can help me with... so I know that I'll have to tell my dentist that I've had a hip replacement and I'll need antibiotics before any dental procedures(?). well, I'm quite into tattoos and want to get my next one within the next year. This might sound a bit stupid but will I need antibiotics for that sort of thing, or will I be fine? is it best to check with my GP?
 
is it best to check with my GP?
Or perhaps your OS office...that would be what I would do.
I've seen varying protocols all over the board...regarding dental work and tats.
I know it's not good to overdo antibiotics but personal preference leans me toward safer than sorry!
Hope today is a Good Day for you.
Happy you are doing well.
 
Happy Four Week Anniversary!
You're doing well, seeing progress, jumping back into life.
I agree with, Mojo, I'd check with the OS regarding dental visits and tattoos.
Keep up the good work and enjoy the week!
@emilymae99
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
Next time you are on the forum please let us know how you're doing.
We love updates and they are encouraging for many to read.
I hope all is well as you continue to move forward in recovery.
Wishing you all the best!
@emilymae99
 
I hope you're feeling better now that you're home and have some curry (YUM) to make you feel better @emilymae99. I have one healed hip replacement and one healing from the left hip replacement this Monday. You'll get there. Don't overdo it and know that we're all here to support you. :)
 
Back
Top Bottom