THR Feeling Discouraged

Hello and Happy Three Month Anniversary, Indiesmom. I hope the pain has eased some since you last posted here. Wondering how your latest appointment went, if you care to share, we're here and we care.
Wishing you a comfortable and pleasant weekend.
@Indiesmom
 
I thought I had posted this question, but can't find it. Has anyone had issues with their coccyx after surgery? I was in my recliner most of the time for the first 10 days after surgery. After a few days I noticed my tailbone was sore when sitting, especially when leaning back or even when lying down. I chalked it up to sitting so much during initial recovery and thought it would go away. Unfortunately, it is still an issue.
I've tried ice, heat and nothing seems to work. I know this sounds strange, but it feels like my coccyx has gotten longer and is sticks further out when I sit making and making direct contact with the chair or sofa. Cushions don't help. I know we lose padding when we get older, but not in 10 days, lol. It does not bother me when walking or standing. I am a little over 13 weeks post op.
I will say that if I take Gabapentin for occasional nerve pain, I notice the coccyx is not quite as tender when sitting, but still feel it's direct contact on the chair or sofa. My PT is not sure why. I see my surgeon today and will bring it up, but don't know if he will have an answer. Just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.
Thanks
 
Hi Indiesmom,
I wonder if you've unconsciously adopted a different way of sitting, like leaning more to one side, since your THR three months ago? I know there are special cushions you can purchase to ease the pressure and it's best to avoid prolonged sitting also. Hopefully your OS will have some answers or advice for you today.

I did a quick search on "coccyx" and I will leave a link below for you to check out all threads where its been mentioned.

Best Wishes for your appointment! Let us know how it goes if you feel like sharing.
@Indiesmom
 
Hello Indiesmom,
Wondering how the appointment went with your OS and whether he offered you any insight on the coccyx discomfort you're dealing with? Hopefully he had some suggestions and offered you reassurance. Let us know when you have the time. Happy Thursday!
@Indiesmom
 
Happy Six Month Anniversary, Indiesmom!
I hope you're doing well as you approach this half year since surgery milestone.
We'd love to hear from you. Hope it's soon. :fingersx:
@Indiesmom
 
Has anyone had issues with their coccyx after surgery? I was in my recliner most of the time for the first 10 days after surgery. After a few days I noticed my tailbone was sore when sitting, especially when leaning back or even when lying down.
Just saw this, I had discomfort on my coccyx when I sat in my recliner. I had to limit my time sitting leaning back.
My mother was in her recliner all the time and had bedsores over her coccyx towards the end of her life.
Hope by now that is all behind you.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom