THR Feb 23rd is the day

Smartcarpet100

Country
United States United States
Hello, I am scheduled for THR Anterior on Feb 23. When I went to the Orthopedic Surgeon‘s office we made new X-rays and he then pulled up the first X-rays he could find of my hips. They were almost exactly seven years ago! It was shortly after the first X-ray that I had my first hip injection guided with x-ray. Injections worked great at first, but over time became less helpful. My last one was in November and it didn’t work at all. After looking at the new x-ray I can see the reason why - there isn’t any cushion in my left hip. My doctor told me the only choice was THR and that I could have it now or later. I choose now.

@Smartcarpet100
Welcome to BoneSmart, glad you joined us! :welome:
Good call to have your surgery sooner rather than later, and put this behind you now, your hip would only get worse if you waited.

New BoneSmart members like you are in various stages of their journey to joint replacement. Making the decision whether or not to have surgery and preparing for surgery can be easier once you have done your research and know what lies ahead. Here are some tools that can help you decide what is best for you.

If you are at the stage where you have joint pain but don't know for sure if you are ready to have surgery, these links may help:
Score Chart: How bad is my arthritic hip?
Choosing a surgeon and a prosthesis
BMI Calculator - What to do if your surgeon says you're too heavy for joint replacement surgery
Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced hip, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing hip recoveries

Last edited:
Welcome! Thanks for joining us. I echo the sentiments of the two above. There is no time like the present. If you know it’s necessary, you may as well not wait to lose the pain and begin enjoying life once again. No more wondering how far you’ll have to walk to get inside your destination, how many stairs may you have to climb, looking for the closest parking spot to the door at the store etc. Things you won’t miss. I’m excited for you and look forward to following your journey. :)
@Smartcarpet100

:hi:
All the best wishes today.
See you on the Healing Side.:flwrysmile:

All the best today! Please join us on the Recovery side once you’re resting comfortably at home. I look forward to following your healing journey. :wave: See you soon.
@Smartcarpet100

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
galvesean
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom