TKR Fatigue and Going Back To Work

@kneeper - My problem is that I have to go to different classrooms all over campus. I only have limited time at my desk to ice. My staff is very helpful and would do anything they could to help but unfortunately it’s me that has to be on the move.
 
@beesknee - You’re exactly right about standing for too long and swelling! I drove for the first time the other day, Dr gave clearance to drive, and the only reason I did was no one was home and I needed my prescriptions. I don’t live far from the pharmacy but by the time I did that and one other quick stop my knee was so swollen (surgery on right knee) and paid dearly that evening and next day. Got scolded by my daughter who was with me at the appointment when he said I could drive WITH someone with me….now I understand why he wanted someone with me. Haven’t driven since.
I’m not sure exactly what I’ll do about work and again you’re right, schools are hurting for teachers. I sent a text to the person that subbed for me if she was interested in coming back for a few more weeks or at least 1/2 day. She hasn’t responded, lol!! Job is tough so I don’t expect she’ll be willing to come back so quickly!
Thank you for your kindness and help!
 
Thank you to EVERYONE who’s responded! Now I know my concerns are valid! Everyone has offered up so many great suggestions and ideas that have been most helpful!
I’m going to try and go the first week to see how I do. If I can’t make it then I’ll call in. My doctor is out next week so I’ll have to wait for the following week when I go back for my follow up and see if he’ll give restrictions for work. Fingers crossed that I don’t just crumble before then!

Thanks again and Happy New Year!
 
I wonder if you could arrange a wheelchair or just a good wheeled desk chair to go from room to room? Is it a straight route down hallways?
 
Hey! Just wondering how your first week back was going?

I've been lucky. We had 3 days of work days with no students, but due to weather they were all three 2 hour delays. Students were to start back today, but predicted icing cancelled that, so we got another teacher work day. The bad weather is expected to last through tomorrow so we don't even have to go in tomorrow! That's the good news. The bad news is that I still had to work my second job two days (got called off tonight). So two days were 10 hour days even with the delays. My knee was not happy at the end of the day with burning and swelling, but recovered pretty quickly. I do not look forward to next week!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom