THR Exercise progression

Hi Chris,
I stopped by to wish you a Happy Three Month Anniversary!

I hope all is well and you've made it through the dental visit and the other symptoms you were struggling with when you last posted. We'd love to hear from you when you have the time. Until then....all the best to you!
@Chrismcd

Hello! Yes it is a great relief and we are heading to Florida this weekend and next week Panama cruise...insurance gave me thumbs up, all good.

I ended up quite sick with sinus infection so took the heavy duty antibiotics and amazingly enough, the incision truly improved within 48 hours. It seems it had been mildly infected for awhile and all twinges and issues are all resolved. Thank you for posting, I have been meaning to get back to Bonesmart.

Surgeon is happy and keeps telling me I have to get stronger...I am walking 10,000 steps most days, snow shoes for an hour and a half on the weekend - so getting my life sort of back.

it is now a wait for the other hip which is the only thing holding me back - maybe April - in Canada it is a waitomg list but I am so happy with my surgeon and feel fortunate on all fronts!

Thank you! I don’t know what I would have done (anxious mess maybe) if you and this blog was not available. Blessings to you all in whatever form you can accept.

Hello Chris :wave:
Happy Four Month Anniversary! I hope you continue to do well. We’d love to hear how the travel went. I hope you enjoyed Florida and your Panama cruise as well. With any luck your right hip holds out a while longer. Let us know when the time comes to schedule it and we’ll be there for you.
Until next time, all the best to you!
@Chrismcd

Hi there
We had a great trip, loved Florida(the Keys and Everglades were interesting and Sarasota was terrific). My new hip is getting stronger by the day. Now it is the “good” hip, with a few tweaks happening here and there but I think it is soft tissue adjusting. No need for pain medication for the new hip, just exercise. The other hip is making itself known, which interrupts exercise plans. On the cruise, I took advantage of the stationary bike which was Really great for both hips. Walking is hard with the bad hip... But I met an 80 year old on the ship, he had both hips replaced and was playing pickle ball every day! Very inspiring!
I do not yet have a date for the next hip, and hoping it will be in May. You bet I will keep you posted, you guys really helped me through it. :)

Wow, you engaged in some amazing travel! The best news is your new hip handled it well. I’m sorry your other hip is giving you trouble. Thankfully you now know firsthand the relief you’ll experience through your next surgery.
Thanks for the update. Stay in touch! :)
@Chrismcd

Well isn’t this the way it goes! I was out for a snow walk/hike yesterday with poles - all was good! Then today, I did the same walk and had a sharp pain deep in the new hip. Now I can sort of “feel” it but staying quiet for the rest of the day. At 4 months - maybe did too much too soon, and it is a strained muscle? Never had that before in that area, felt like a muscle. Assuming just strain and take it a bit slower going forward.

Sorry to hear you're feeling pain after your walk/hike yesterday and today. Happy that you are now staying quiet. Are you icing and elevating, still can be useful?

Hopefully you just overdid it by doing two days in a row and thinking the snow might have the same effect that walking on sand has. It makes you work a lot harder and it's very uneven. Keep an eye on it and if it gets worse contact your care team just to be cautious.

Okay sounds good.You are right about the terrain. I am now icing and elevating. Will call the team if worse on Monday...rats! I was so inspired by the bi-hip 80 year old pickle ball player but it sounds like too much.

Walking in snow even with poles does strain the hips a bit. I had been out a few weeks ago but had to curtail how far I wanted to go due to feeling the strain around the hip. It was hard since the sun was shining but I really want to get to spring and onwards without any bursitis/tendonitis or any other itis so am behaving.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom