THR Eric has a bionic hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
@eric - I am four weeks post op Wed. And still have a little incision glue that appears to have oozed out early on and tried around the scab. But my incision seems normal. When I see my OS tomorrow afternoon for month follow up I plan on asking about that. I'm anxious to start massaging and using scar solutions :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
11 days postop. PT graduated me to a cane yesterday, with some limited walking without an aid (a few steps at a time). I think I got a little excited and overdid it yesterday, and I was really feeling it last night :-(

Funny how hard it is to un-learn the limp.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
11 days postop. PT graduated me to a cane yesterday, with some limited walking without an aid (a few steps at a time). I think I got a little excited and overdid it yesterday, and I was really feeling it last night :-(

Funny how hard it is to un-learn the limp.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I'm pretty much staying ahead of the pain, though I often find myself uncomfortably watching the clock for the last 30 min before my next dose is due.
Depending upn the degree of the pain, it's perfectly okay to cheat by 20mins or so once in a while!
And do they put a purple dye in the glue? It looks like they drew down my incision line with a purple marker.
Some surgeons do like to draw a 'practice line' where he plans to make the incision. Or perhaps some lateral lines to ensure the skin is approximated correctly when it's time to close up the wound! They use a purple marker for that, a bit like a permanent marker but then the skin prep they use can make it 'bleed' into the glue (by which I mean bleed as in how one paint might bleed into another if the first isn't dry).

[Bonesmart.org] Eric has a bionic hip
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom