Guest viewing is limited

Donations

Paypal worked that time but I still had to make a $ donation and the contact details are gibberish because it didn't allow enough characters for half the boxes.
 
What is the money used for?
This is a reasonable question. Jo and I have not previously had much involvement in the budget process so I cannot answer you immediately. I have asked that we have assistance in preparing something to reassure anyone who wishes to make a donation exactly where their funds will be used.
 
Yes I had to make a $ donation but you know what? we are often called upon to buy in $ when using US shops anyway! Can't expect everything to be in the good old GB£!
 
I don't mind having to donate in US dollars, as my credit card does a reasonable conversion to NZ dollars before billing me.

What I do mind is the inability of the donation site to accept that people outside the US are trying to donate. Even though the site gives you the ability to choose your country of residence, it does not then alter any of the other input boxes, but keeps acting as if I am living in the US.
It's as if someone started to make accommodation for out-of US donors, but did not complete the task. Other US-based sites accommodate out-of US clients. I don't think it's that hard to do and I wish that IDonate would do it.

I do realise this is not something that BoneSmart can control, but IDonate is not giving the service that BoneSmart needs.

It took me 4 attempts before I managed to donate successfully (usng Paypal). To other bonesmarties not living in the US, please be patient and keep trying, even if the process is frustrating.
 
Please email me when issues are resolved. I attempted to donate this morning and it didn't like the amount of characters in the "state" field despite showing UK address and entering my county (leaving that field blank didn't work either). After 3 attempts it has now barred me for 55 minutes!!
 
I fell foul of that and ended up using Paypal!

You can generate your own email by watching this thread and choosing the "with email alert" option
 
I have just tried to donate but have failed miserably I'm afraid. I am away from home for a while so will now have to wait until I get back and can use my PC. I just don't want to risk my credit card being compromised.
I am more than willing to donate, Bonesmart has been a lifesaver for me, it's just a shame the process appears to be so difficult for non US members.
 
I'm so very sorry you all are having so much difficulty. I'm going to see if Jo and I can put some pressure on our person who works with iDonate. We can't be the only customers with this problem!
 
This is a reasonable question. Jo and I have not previously had much involvement in the budget process so I cannot answer you immediately. I have asked that we have assistance in preparing something to reassure anyone who wishes to make a donation exactly where their funds will be used.

Have you been able to get any clarification on this question? I guess I'd like to know before I try feeding my information into the donation site again.
 
@Threads ... The question was asked late Friday night so we have to allow the weekend when the people who have more details about our financing were not working. I am hoping to have a response in the next couple of days. I apologize for the delay but I want to be sure I have all the information available before posting.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, @Jamie. I've seen that there is another thread about donations on the hip forum, and was wanting to make sure that the question didn't fall through the cracks.
 
No, it will not fall through the cracks. But I am a bit at the mercy of others in the organization to provide information before I can prepare a response. I still think we can get everything within a few days, unless someone is off on vacation. But I was just getting ready to provide a status update when I saw your post and I'll continue to update every few days.
 
@Timetolive ..... since other members may have the same question you posted about how donations will be spent, I have created a new thread in the Announcements forum that provides a more detailed explanation and gives a thread where you can ask questions about the donation program or this particular initiative.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom