Do I dare????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the chat certainly did fly! It was almost like instant messaging when we were all on at the same time--- coast to coast. No one was sleeping much anyway and probably our families were glad to have someone else listen to us moan and groan for a change--- in unison most of the time! Tough times lived through--- good friends made.

I bet Josephine was wondering if all Americans were crazy..And thinking, "What have I gotten myself into".

Nah - seen it all before, Doug! Remember, I am a serial forum addict! 80% of the people I talk to on forums or msn are Americans!

I had a friend from the UK go to visit with some forum friends over there. She kept in touch on her friends' computers as sehe traveled. And when she got home, she sent me a present of some Hershey's chocolate and some strange biscuits. She said I should get some marshmallows and toast them, melt the chocolate in a bowl and make 'sandwiches' of them with the biscuits. She said they were called "smores" cus people would say they wanted s'more!

Well, I melted the chocolate ok, but when I tried to toast the malloes, well, I only have an electric cooker so I put the mallows under the grill.

Took me an hour to scrub the sticky mess off the pan! The rest of it went in the bin!

Josephine, That is such a great story. My only experience with s'mores is around a camp fire. Think the camp fire part is the main point and makes the marshmellows and all taste so much better.

Laurie

That's a new one on me. I've never heard of them being made unless around a campfire.
About six years ago, a bunch of parents from church decided we would have a big family camp out weekend at one of the state parks. There were over 15 kids under the age of 12.
Earlier in the evening, we built a big campfire and one of the mothers was showing the kids how to toast marshmallows and make smores.
Yep it took all of about 30 seconds for half dozen marshmallows to catch on fire. The kids, in a panic started swinging them back and forth in an attempt to put the fire out. It looked like meteors flying through the campsite. Finally, the rest of the parents stepped in. Did the marshmallow cooking and then helped with the smores assembly.
That night, it dropped to 25 degrees. Some of these folks had borrowed tents and brought blankets to sleep in....By sunrise about half were sitting in the cars with the heaters going.

Ahh, see my daughter and friends deliberately set fire to the marshmallows, blow out the flames then eat them off the stick. I don't think its ever occured to them that they catch fire BY ACCIDENT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dcytpoti
Recent bookmarks