Guest viewing is limited

THR different leg length post op

@AfterCare .... I'm so sorry to hear about all you're dealing with and I do think you need a different surgeon.

I don't know if you saw our emails around the end of January or not, but on January 29th we implemented a new 2-tier membership program that changes your membership on the forum. You are currently a Basic Member. This is our free membership that allows you to use our search tool to find and read threads on the forum and the ability to post on-topic comments on existing threads. But the services such as as surgeon recommendations and personal staff guidance are part of a new group of premium services that require a subscription to our new Insiders Club. We are still a non-profit organization and the small amount we ask for these services helps to maintain Bonesmart on the web to support patients worldwide.

Please take a look at our Membership Page and the Guidelines for Posting and you'll see what these changes mean for you. I hope you'll consider one of the options for the Insiders Club so we can give you the one-on-one support I believe you need in your situation. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about membership.
In the end of January I had at least 2 medical appointments per day and was preparing for cancer surgery. Orthopedic surgeon also only admitted to there being a real cause for concern on Feb 3 (day before the cancer surgery), which would explain why I missed your emails. I guess the joke's on me here :(
 
Hello AfterCare,
I am sorry to read of your recent diagnosis and subsequent surgeries. My heart goes out to you as you're enduring so much all at once. We're here to support you and I wish you healing, comfort and moments of peace in the weeks and months ahead. :console2:
@AfterCare
 
I had a very different procedure than yours, but I did indeed end up with a post-surgical leg which is longer than before. And, boy oh boy, it feels ODD. Trust your instincts - if it is still feels off after what is supposed to be your recovery time, be proactive and get it measured. I ended up with all kinds secondary issues because my gait was so off for so long. I now wear a lift (good-bye cute shoes), but it fixed the problem. A small price to pay. Also, as with you, this was not mentioned to me pre-op and when I brought it up with the surgeon, he said they never get it exactly right. At first, I thought his response was curt, but the more I thought about it, the more it rang true. It's impossible to always get it exactly right.
Best of luck to you.
 
Hi AfterCare,
Checking in on this three month anniversary to say Hi and see how you're doing.
Sending a hug and best wishes for your comfort.
@AfterCare
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom