PKR Did you miss me??

I tried to sit at my desk at home with am ice machine connected to my knee for 8 hours..... then drove a mile to the tattoo shop to get my jewelry replaced that I took out for surgery.
Yes I here @Celle and @Josephine now, and my mom," you just got the strips off and already you doing too much!" Lol well back to my recliner today. I will try it again in 2 weeks. Last day of home therapy. Consultation for water therapy on 4/20. Other than that, I had a good day 20. Used my cane and it felt so good! My problem now is when laying down,my legs move so much like I have restless leg syndrome. Why is that? Anybody else feel like you running a race in bed?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Just a Thought!!! Think about this when you feel that you're not Blessed or Have Enough in Life… Positive ='s Waking Up + Activity Of Your Limbs + Eye Sight + Functioning Brain + Roof Over Your Head + Food + Another Chance To Right All Wrongs + A Fresh Start To Better Your Life ='s Bonus!!! What do you Think Now? Do you Need More Bonuses? We "All" Have to First be Grateful & Appreciate/Learn To Appreciate the Few & More Important Bonuses/Blessings before we are Blessed with more… Just a Thought!!!

I love your Positives! :thumb:
One more to add to them: your knee is on a journey to recovery. it's getting better, not worse.

May as well add hip as well! Got to stay positive for a better healing and way of life!

Do not see this surgery as a bad time in your life. You are doing this to get rid of whatever was stopping you from enjoying things you did before. See this as a major role in the beautiful transformation in your life. My loss of appetite has in a way aided in my weight loss. I don't eat junk food as I rest and my cravings have ceased. I am looking forward to water therapy and upper body at the gym. I'm looking forward to MY transformation. What about you and yours?

image.jpg
MsPhyne.jpg

Thank you @Josephine! Staying more positive this time around!

Today was not a good one. I woke up and began to cry.its only 29 days, days of constant pills. Pulling,bending,icing.on top of that,classes started and home work is due and working on call for little pay. It's finally getting to me.Morphine morning and night. Tramadol during the day don't know if I'm coming or going and it's just too much to take. I cried myself to sleep but before that I asked God to lift this cloud . because I want peace not pain please Grant it oh Lord to thee I pray!
No, today was not a good day
I woke and began to cry. But I know that tomorrow... tomorrow. .

Hope the cry was cleansing. It will take time but you will get past this time. The surgery, the pain meds, the need for so much patience and faith that it will get better - they add up sometimes. Tomorrow will look better! Saying a prayer for you right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

I bowled last night. I was a bit worried but this new kneecap felt better than the original! I did take a tramadol when I got in woke up a tad sore but it was worth it

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds like some progress. Things are looking up! :yay::yes!:

I am 2 months and 4 days out from the kneecap replacement surgery. The other day I dropped my glasses and they went under my bed. The only way to get it was to get on the floor. I got down but getting up was so hard. I had to put pressure on the new kneecap to help my other leg push up. I gave been sore ever since. Icing up and elevating is ok but I feel as if I may have damaged something. I wiggle it and I feel it rubbing could I have damages it just by getting out of the prayer position?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all here is Dorian and his dad and I at his graduation. I had to endure a 5 hour drive there and back with this knee. Thank goodness for ice packs and my TENS machine! Yes I cried all the boys are up and out.now my summer is work therapy and my completing my masters.

phyne.jpg

Hope the cry was cleansing. It will take time but you will get past this time. The surgery, the pain meds, the need for so much patience and faith that it will get better - they add up sometimes. Tomorrow will look better! Saying a prayer for you right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Thank you. I made it and the cry actually helped me to sleep! I was prepared for days like this and I didn't have many this time around

What a lovely family photo!
Congratulations to Dorian on his graduation. You must be so proud of him.

My daughter has just finished her MBA and her graduation ceremony will be in September. We're going to it, of course.

Only 1 son. The bald guy is dad! Lol

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HaiPao
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom