• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

PKR Did you miss me??

Nice boys! Thank you for showing them to us.

You see, it wasn't just the back of your kneecap that was replaced. With a patello-femoral replacement, part of your femur (the biggest bone in your leg) is shaved and shaped, so that a replacement part can be fitted, for your kneecap to articulate against.

You get into and out of trucks that are moving? That sounds lethal - definitely has potential for a serious accident. Aren't there any Health and Safety requirements that uhaul has to comply with?
Or do you mean trucks that move things, rather than trucks that are moving?
Lol .. no they are moving and storage trucks. Not physically moving! That's the name of the vehicle.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I love our international community!! I get in and out of moving trucks so pretty amazing. But, Celle, vans used to moving furniture and things are called moving vans or trucks.

How do I make a new topic under this thread?

Sent from my SM-T337V using Tapatalk

You just start writing in the box at the bottom of the page. You see, we like to keep everything about your recovery in one recovery thread, which will be the diary of your progress.
If you want to ask a question and need a prompt answer, tag one of the moderators or forum advisers:
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you
Between us, we check all the threads every day.

If you'd like your thread title changed, to reflect your question, just tell us and we can change it for you.

@Celle I would like a title of
"Today is my first post-op appointment"

Thank you!!

It went well. He took those strips off and my bend was fantastic! He was impressed for 19 days out. My scar looks good and I start water therapy next week , I can drive, and do upper body treadmill and bike at the gym. No leg press for a month.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need spell check! Lol

I'm glad your post-op visit went well. :yes!::happydance::yay:

It's probably best to wait until at least 3 months before starting with the leg press - they can be very punishing on a new knee.

Yeah sounds good to me. I think the bike and treadmill will be ok for now

I can't sleep! 3 hours is not good but I need my pain meds. What to do? Living the vamp life!!

I can't sleep! 3 hours is not good but I need my pain meds. What to do? Living the vamp life!!

I've had trouble sleeping for many years - maybe got in the habit of not sleeping through the night from years of doing foster care for newborns (25 in all) and having to get up at night. Ironically I sleep better most nights now, although still take one pain med at night so maybe that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

@charmed-life.. I took my pill at 10pm. Dozed at 12 woke up as you see. Since I been back in school Kate nights to no sleep has been part of my life. My mom was a foster parent. 45 children!! I was the oldest and she has special needs children so I learned at an early age to point out a child with differing abilities when I taught head start. My supervisor didn't believe me but each child I picked I was correct. I told her some things you can't learn in a book,life teaches you amazing things!

Just sending thoughts....I had Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma in 2013 too. I hope your son is well now. I've just completed maintenance therapy as mine is indolent. :friends:

@Dabber he is going on 2 yrs cancer free. He had a stem cell transplant so they say he may not have children. He was 21 at the time. I think He may. Lol what's getting him us he has to take all his baby shots over and he is miserable!

That's wonderful to hear. I had an excellent response to chemo and although I'll never reach full remission I'm as near as you can get for the moment with follicular lymphoma.

My friend's daughter had Hodgkin's and was told the same; she went on to have 4 children including twins. She was one of the earliest to have stem cell treatment. Bless him, it just really is something to wait and see. Oh dear yes, all the injections over again; it must be wonderful for you to see his recovery after what must have been a very difficult time. x

It was he was diagnosed a year ager my mom. Chemotherapy for 2 people and trying to work was really tiresome. But he is looking at life different from most 20 yr olds. He works and enjoys life but he refuses to waste his time. You both are testimonies and I hold you in my heart.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Rkelley
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom