Did I develop the dreaded Trochanteric Bursitis???

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far so good with the back pain(mustve been all the well wishes!!-thank you), but still have the TB and its loud and clear. We had a very busy weekend and the TB didnt like it one bit! Trying to take it easier today. Cant wait to see the OS.

Yeah! Any day without back pain is one the celebrate :th_jumpy:!

Let us know how your appointment goes!

Update....Seen the OS yesterday and didnt really accomplish anything!:th_skeptical:Had Xrays done, they showed everything concerning the implant is great! I was told maybe TB, IT band issues and that maybe some blood pooled up in that area. So the OS took out a pretty big needle and tried aspirating fluid out but got nothing:th_2hissy1:

Now since he was digging around in there with the needle my leg is more sore and that lump is harder! :th_sigh:

OS also mentioned twice that he didnt think it was an infection and that never even crossed my mind until then! :th_hate-shocked:
So I was sent home to keep up with anti inflammatory and if its not better in 3 weeks, I was told to return. :th_sigh:

oh poor you Haldox,still no answers,if it is troc b' it is so painful and really holds you back, I see my OS next thursday about it, I hope he gets his big needle out to either kill or cure it!but I am expecting to be told to wait a few more weeks. I seem to be waiting forever for my full recovery:th_skeptical:

Yes, I was hoping for the same thing. I will keep my fingers crossed that your OS will relieve you quickly!:th_prayer2:

Physically I dont really hold back anymore because of this but its a mental downer. I think how it was wonderful beyond words to be pain free again and now sometimes it feels like it did pre op but without that bone on bone pain! :th_2tantrum2:

Haldox, I am so sorry you are still in pain! :th_2hissy1: I guess just give it some time. Rest, ice and take the meds.

This road is sometimes bumpy. Please don't get discouraged. It's just a matter of getting the control again - getting the balance right. You'll get there!

Take care! :th_console:

Can't you see a chiropractor? Mine was great at sorting out my piriformis problems.

Thanks Jaycey, it has been getting better!:smile:

I still have the lump there and tender to touch or lay on but the overall discomfort has diminished. I did some more research and found a good stretch, actually I felt :th_DOH:when I seen it! Also read up on using the TENS!! This website has great info on TB. :thmb:I'd say by the next day after using the TENS and doing the stretch it was feeling much better.

Jo-I havent visited the chiro in quite some time, back has been doing amazingly well, finally worked itself all out I guess. So I never thought about going for this as well:th_heehee:

Glad things are easing up Haldox. That stretch is a great one for back problems as well.

Hope things keep getting better!

What ever works, honey! We each have to find what suits us.

Thanks for that link - it's now in the Library! :wink:

Excellent web link, Haldox! Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HaiPao
Recent bookmarks