THR Designer girl has a shiny new hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
designergirl
Glad your tooth is on the mend. I am heading to the dentist this week also because of a toothache. I am also nervous about my hip being affected. I guess i'll start taking my antibiotics now??

just an update, my tooth problems have been resolved, getting a permanent filling for the root canal on Friday. Just a suggestion for anyone going on antibiotics, take a good probiotic. I haven't had to deal with any intestinal side effects from the meds because of them.

Happy 1 year anniversary to my hip! Life is back to a good normal, no pain. I'm so happy I did this. I got my life back. I've been able to walk as much as I want, not to mention bicycle and cross-country ski also. I gardened a ton last summer also and am looking forward to it this summer. I really took it easy during the first 6 months to make sure I didn't develop any soft tissue issues. I also had no formal PT, just walking and everything turned out great. Thank-you everyone on Bonesmart!

Hi Designer Girl
I'm also glad you had a good year and are doing well. I did the opposite and did to much too soon. I had those dreaded soft tissue issues and I still have some. My anniversary was Jan. 25th. I developed back lumbar issues last year so I am dealing with that but the hip itself is great.

Designer girl has a shiny new hip!
We just love them, @designergirl! And yours is no exception. So happy for you that things are going so well, that your life is so good, and that you're able to enjoy your favorite activities.

Take care and keep us updated. We care.

Hi @designergirl. Like you, I celebrated my first anniversary this month. What a change a year brings! I didn't manage as much gardening as I'd hoped last year as I wasn't ready for it when the garden needed it. But I'm looking forward to getting out there this year.

Like @nessiepie I'm also having soft tissue issues, (still have to sleep on my non-operated side), but it's nothing compared to the pain I was in pre-op.

@designergirl my left hip had its one year anniversary in January, great results from it! I am now scheduled for a right knee replacement March 31.

Thanks @designergirl for your report! Reinforces that my lack of PT will be okay! I'm lazy at heart and really only want to do any kind of exercise in the pool - I believe that will keep me safe. Thanks for posting!

Just a quick update: had my 17 month follow up with my OS and everything looks great! He said he would see me in a year. So I really have the forgotten hip. The only time I remember it is when I have my numerous root canals this past year, and have to go on 2 week courses of antibiotics for each. Now if I could just get my asthma to where I can forget about that, I'd be very happy. Oh well, always something to work on. At least my hip makes me very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom