Derek from Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you it's 10:15pm and time for bed. I'm first up in the morning so I have to be there at 6:30. So a 5am Start to the day. Glad I'll be sleeping for most if it. Am feeling calm. But of cause I'm so thirsty and can't drink apart from a small sip to take me bp tablet in the morning.

Am looking forward to having it done, I know it's a hard recovery. But if my right is anything to go by in 6 months time even 12 months time it will all of been worth it. I'm lucky I have a wonderful partner that is there for me to help considering I'm not a good to be around when I'm sick.

Well so I'm told, lol.





Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thinking of you this morning, Derek. Glad you have good support with your partner. I will be looking forward to hearing how things are going for you.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi all

Don't know why i can't post this is my fifth attempt. Perhaps it was the drugs. But hopeful

Well the hip replacement was totally different than the one last year. I was able to remember going into the operating theatre, the team of hospital staff talking to me. Where last time I only remember talking to the antheathis and that was it till I woke up.

Woke up in recovery feeling in a bit of pain but press the button and all was ok. I was chirpy talkative like nothing had happen. Amazing. Went the ward was awake for most of the night but very comfortable and talkative. Even my partner could not believe the difference.

The next day and can't believe this. The morphine drip was removed along with the top up pain relieve and the bloody Cather. Yeah. Was that a good feeling.

I was taken for a walk, I could get put of bed almost myself last year took three of the. Totally different.

Pain relief was just a fental patch and endone. But that was changed to tramdole at my request. As I get a very dry mouth.

Thursday had another walk, shower on my own still feeling great.

Friday OS said very happy with me and if I want I can go home as long. As I can do the stairs I'm releases.

I was a home that afternoon. So Tuesday the operation day and Friday discharge. Can't. Believe it. Still can't.

Last year it was a very long 10. Days in hospital.

My walk is ok with crutches. I feel great. Just can't sleep.

I'm off the fental patch today and just slow release tramdal 150. Morning and night. That's it


I've been to see my GP as I have blusters on my back and other places and sadly to say I now have shingles. But apArt from thAt my PB is better than it ever has been.

LAst year I was on kavea 300 mg befor the operation. after the right total hip replacement I had to drop it to 150mg . Now after the
Left total hip replacement I'm been taken off the BP meds all together. And my B P is normal. They said to still monitor if as it may still go back up. I've been on BP meds since I was 17. So a long time

The replacement was longer and harder for done reason and the shaft is thicker than the other side. I've looked at the X-ray's today. I'm sure I'll know more when I have my follower up visit.

I'm guessing my recover was quicker as they new what drugs I responded to better and I have a good hip. Not sure really


.






Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The post worked. But I did not mean to post it, I pressing the wrong key on my phone. There are grammar and spelling errors. Sorry everyone. But I'm sure a get way I'm saying

I can't find how to Change the post using the iPhone. Or iPad.

Hope other' s in June THR have been as great as mine.







Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi all today has been good the tramadole is keeping my nice and pain free. The only issue I have id the shingles and itching. Last year Shen I came off the fental patch I itched for days. Very annoying. But I have a lovely new hop to mAtch my other one.

I'm seeing the OS on Monday for my checkup I'm sure it will be great.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @derek1968 - when you are able, would you like to start your recovery thread as this is the pre op section and you are double hippy now - congrats by the way :)
 
Wishing you all the best for your 2nd THR...wow 2 new hips..how amazing will that be.....
I've suffered with knee pain since my RTHR 9 months ago, had some physio but it's still very stiff & painful....it's the only pain I've had ...no hip pain. Not had xray ....putting my head in the sand for a while! Look forward to your postings after the op...Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom