Bilateral TKR Day 6 post bilateral TKR

Thanks Pheebs! They've pretty much looked like that since 2 weeks after surgery. Perhaps a bit more swollen compared to now. I've tried to upload a picture that was two days after surgery but it's apparently too large for the server. Freya

Ok here is one that would upload this one is one week post op. The green around my ankle isn't bruising it's some kind of antiseptic the surgeon used. Freya

members knees 2.jpg

Hah, mine looks awful, lol! However, mine bled a bit when staples were removed so the area was smeared again with that yellowish medicine (forget the name) and then steri-strips were applied. The steri-strips just came off yesterday. Everything is still bruised, scabby with dried blood and a bit swollen, so not exactly picture worthy yet. Oh well, someday it'll be gorgeous, lol.

Actually, mine looks a bit like your second photo, just messier and more bruised.

Well my surgeon used stitches down deep, then he glued the incision shut with some type of crazy glue, and then put that tape over it. I'm glad he didn't use staples. Are you rubbing your incisions with VitE? I watched a blurb on YouTube and they said you should rub your incisions the opposite direction of the cut, and rub it from side to side several times a day to break up the scar tissue. Freya.

Not yet Freya. I don't feel as though it's quite completely closed up because there seem to be some father raw areas. It's probably fine, but I'm a bit paranoid. :shocked: I'd really love to give it all a good scrub, so I'll ask the OS on Monday if it's ok to do so and if it's ok to apply VitE or any other lotion at this time. I do gently massage around the area (and the rest of the leg) several times a day. If nothing else, it makes me feel I am doing something productive, lol.

Mine was 5/22/177, about a month after you. It'll be 4 weeks on Monday.

Hmmm, 177? That was a very long time ago...time flies when you are recovering!

Drat I feel your pain. I plan on being dead before I ever do it again, so they better last 30 years. I'm not sure I could do it again. It's been quite a journey. Freya

I actually said that to my OS the other day! His eyes bulged in response.:heehee:

Well, I'd say you're doing great for only a month post op. Don't be too hard on yourself. (I get told that all the time) Freya

Just imagine a revison in your late 80's or 90's in my case? Nope, I cannot. Unfortunately, I ahve another knee that's not too spiffy, but for now, I'm in complete denial on that score.

I'm slowly improving, tortoise style. My husband has kept me laughing throughout and that's the best medicine.:SUNsmile:

I just turned 59, so I'd be in my 90's. I simply will have to be in a wheelchair as I can't face it again. That's why I had both done at once. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't go back the second time. Lol

Ah, you're all set then! Oh, but don't forget the hips though, hahaha! My OS wanted to X-ray my other hip (one is bionic)....I declined on the grounds that it's not bothering me so I'm not going to bother it.

My mum had bad shoulders and knees. So far my shoulders are great. Hips seem ok too. Please god that they stay that way.

That's practically a sprint for a bilateral! I've done a mile outside but haven't timed myself. I'm sure it's pathetic... but it's pain free, and that's a plus. :smile2:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom