Cyn's Journey -- knee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, forget I asked about your surgery date - I found it in the May Marvels group!
 
Congrats on the early time. I agree, much better than waiting around--especially waiting around in caffeine withdrawal. ;)
 
I'm home! Surgery went well. Had a epidural and some sort of nerve block for the front of the knee. Waking up was so much better than when I had general anesthesia, but eventually the pain hit. I was given moriphine the first 24 hours, then they switched me to vicodin. Pain was not even close to being controlled and the physician's assistant was trying to discharge me! Fortunately the nurse and the physical therapist both backed me up when I insisted o staying until they could get the pain under control. They finally got it under control, but it's a complicated regimine and I'm worried about whether or not I will get enough for good pain control during the entire healing process. I understand the issues with opiods, but I dot like pain.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom