Guest viewing is limited

THR Cyclist post op Hip replacement

Why there, quick update, I am going well apart from numbness, on side of the leg, about 4 inches square, between thigh and just above the knee, doesn't seem to be going away, how long have other people experienced this?....cheers Tony
 
I had residual numbness ...I deemed most likely permanent ...and compared to that bone crunching hip pain, I was okay with that being collateral damage.
Eventually, it went from numbness to sensitivity and somewhere between 7-8 months out, all was back to normal.
 
Hi Tony,
It sounds like a nerve issue but I'm not a medical professional. I also experienced numbness in small areas for as many months as Mojo mentioned above 7,8,9 months post op.
I found an article in the BoneSmart Library on numbness but it's refering to TKR as opposed to hip. However there is an explanation on nerves and their regeneration about halfway down that I found interesting. Take a look and see what you think. Hope this helps.
A great rest of the week to you and a happy holiday season and healthy 2019 too!
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/numb-area-after-tkr-how-long-will-it-last.5931/
@Sluggo
 
Thanks Mojo and Layla, hopefully it will go away too. Merry Xmas
 
Merry Christmas to you too!:tree2;
 
Back
Top Bottom