Guest viewing is limited

counting down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surgery on Thursday morning... Beautiful day today, I've changed all the beds, got all the washing dry and even tidied the garden a bit. Hair has been cut... think I'm more or less ready.
 
Surgery on Thursday morning... Beautiful day today, I've changed all the beds, got all the washing dry and even tidied the garden a bit. Hair has been cut... think I'm more or less ready.

OH WOW I will be thinking of you Thursday Morning …….Keep busy till then …..you got a lot done today
 
Well, my big day is tomorrow! Hospital have been in touch today and I'm scheduled for surgery tomorrow afternoon. I'll keep you all posted once I'm 'on the other side'!!
 
Wishing you much luck tomorrow! I was nervous leading up to the big day, but found I was relatively calm the morning of my surgeries. I think I was at the point that I just didn't want to have to think about it and wanted it done so I could start living my life again. Looking forward to reading about your recovery!
 
Got my call from the hospital - have to be there about 12 hours from now - 5 a.m. Well, "My bags are packed and I'm ready to go." I can't believe it's finally time. I want to get it over with but I'm also dreading it and wish I could just skip the next couple months.

Yesterday I got a mani/pedi and hit Costco to stock up, today I got my hair trimmed and went to the regular grocery store. The clean sheets are on the bed and my clean towels are in the dryer. Will do my special shower this evening. Hope I can have a relaxing evening and get some sleep.:sleep:

I don't know if I'll have my laptop brought to the hospital (it will depend on how drugged I am) so you may not hear from me till next week. Thank you all for your good thoughts and I will be in touch from the other side.:thumb:
 
Arrived at hospital at 11am as requested, saw nurses and the theatre assistant, who talked me through the procedure again, had blood taken and my right leg marked. I was all ready to go, then I was told there was a possibility my op wouldn't go ahead because there were complications with the patient in theatre before me. Hung around until 2pm when I was told it was definitely cancelled, because the previous patient wasn't expected out of theatre till about 4 and it would be too late to start my operation then.
I'm back home now feeling totally deflated. Looks like I'll likely have to wait a month or so until another date becomes available...
 
So sorry @Mai5ie. That would be so disappointing. But I believe that everything happens for a reason. We just don't always know the reason why. Hoping you won't have to wait a month but that a slot opens open soon!
 
I can't imagine your disappointment, @Mai5ie to get up for an operation and have it cancelled. Hang in there and believe it will happen when it is supposed to happen! You will get there!!
 
I am so sorry. I cannot imagine your disappointment as we prepare emotionally as well as physically. Hoping you really don't have to wait a month!
 
oh dear, how disappointing for you.
 
Thats terriable, hopefully a spot opens up very soon . I cant even imagine that happening. Im so sorry . It must be like a bad dream , however look on the bright side atleast that wasnt you having complications during the surgery, which I may add is very rare. A tkr is very common nowadays. Keep your head up and read , read , read from bonesmart
 
Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. The patient before me was apparently having a revision TKR. My surgeon only operates in my local hospital one day a week, so although I'll probably have to wait a month, it's only 4 operating days I suppose. I just need the new date in writing now!
 
Still waiting for a new date to be confirmed. So frustrated!
 
Mine is 2 weeks from tomorrow. I'm nervous too but anxious to get it done. And that penguin walk? Hopefully will be gone!

I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure you will do well.

Just noticed that you said you have to wait for a new date. That is a bummer! That's why I chose to be the first one in the AM. Acutally my doctor said that because of my diabetes that I have to be first.

Hopefully it will be soon.
 
I was supposed to be last on the list last Thursday, but it didn't get done. I have no say I'm afraid where on the operating list I am. Just hope that next time, whenever that might be, things go without a hitch. I've been teaching PE all day today, so I've been on my feet the whole time. Boy does my knee ache now!
 
Had my new date confirmed by phone today... April 17th. Just over 3 weeks to go.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom