Guest viewing is limited

Counting down until recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with everything! When all is on the mend you wont believe the difference it will make :happydance:
 
Just dropping in to say good luck and hoping you are feeling ok. In my (very recent) experience ice is your new best friend. I've already stripped the freezer bare in my local shop, hope they get some more soon.
 
Yesterday by far was a much better day as they were able get my pain under control find the right combination. Did the PT in the morning and afternoon walking down the hall and some stairs. I have been on the leg machine in bed up to a 50°Now. If all goes well I will be going home today.

Matt
 
Good news I'm off in today for op Friday morning - I'm a big wuss I'm dreading it x
 
Update, since being released from the Hospital a couple of days ago it's been busy with the Home nurse & PT coming by and getting set up. Started doing some excersises at the hospital then at home. The physical therapist came by the house and did an evaluation on me. There were some good things that came out of the visit. I can get my leg flat and my range of motion since surgery is good.

Now come the fun part today and that is excersise the drills that will be supervised by my wife. My wife is a RN at the local Hospital and understands the value of doing the excersises so I won't be able to spin her. I continue to hear from the good people on the posts and others that the next two weeks are critical in my recovery process. I am looking forward to that challenge.

Talk to you soon


Matt
 
Good to hear you are home and doing well. Moving the knee is good, but also remember to ice and elevate a lot and get some rest.
 
Know you are glad to be home.....very helpful! Be careful and patient with the exercises....with my left knee we started out to aggressively thinking that'd move things along quicker....it actually slowed me down.

Best to you
 
@NEEDY, there is absolutely nothing critical about the next two weeks. Even in inpatient rehab for one week after surgery, I only had 1 hour of PT per day which also included occupational therapy. After I got home, I had in home PT twice a week for one hour for 6 weeks and only did the exercises when the therapist came to the house. Most of my theraphy was just walking and taking care of myself and my semi-invalid hubby.

I had a very easy recovery (and I had both knees done) and my range of motion is 0 to 125 which is fine for me at my age and given that I am not athletic. And it is true, that if you over do, you can slow your recovery.
 
there is absolutely nothing critical about the next two weeks. Even in inpatient rehab for one week after surgery, I only had 1 hour of PT per day which also included occupational therapy.
Right on!!!

Please remember to work smarter, not harder, and let the knee be in charge. Remember the Bonesmart Mantra---it is not the "no pain, no gain" that works, rather, it is "no pain, more gain."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom