TKR Cocopug Recovery Journey

Thanks Booger,
Just walked 500m in the pouring rain. I have to keep this knee moving. As this is the Netherlands and it’s autumn it rains everyday, so if I wait for dry weather I’ll be waiting until Spring. I put an icepack on the knee as soon as I got inside. It’s 4 weeks to the day since my TKR. Hope you are having a good day.
 
I managed to walk about 800m today with crutches.
I iced my leg as soon as I got in. My knee feels a little stiff but not too bad at the moment. The top of my knee feels a bit sore when I get up from a chair but otherwise my pain levels are very manageable with paracetamol. It’s 4 weeks and two days since my TKR.
 
@Cocopug Thanks for the update. Sounds like you are doing really well in these early days. Don't feel pushed to increase the distance of your walks too quickly. Listen to that knee.
 
@Cocopug Thanks for the update. Sounds like you are doing really well in these early days. Don't feel pushed to increase the distance of your walks too quickly. Listen to that knee.
I won’t walk more than this distance for a while.
 
Did too much yesterday and my knee is letting me know it! My whole lower leg is painful even to the touch.
 
Did too much yesterday and my knee is letting me know it! My whole lower leg is painful even to the touch.
Don't fret, we all have done it. You are now a member of the ODIC, (overdid it club). We visit it once and that's enough!

Take some extra TLC time for your knee and let it settle down.
 
Hi, Cocopug. I hope you are doing well today. We are also having fall here ( Colorado); it is a beautiful day, we took our kitty out & sat in the sun while it lasted... felt good. You & I are 1 day apart! I have not yet tried a walk outside, other than our backyard, over to check the broccoli plants....we have a second crop... exciting! I do walk in our house, & a small walk from car to PT, a little distance. Hoping for that walk soon. This past week was bit of a setback, but I’m getting back on track. You have really had some tough times! My brother’s wife had both her knees done some years back, also, she had the Nok knee problem ( forgive if I misspell) she’s done very well for some years now. They are both 85, so I’m sure she was in her 70’s.
You & I have a number of folks a month or so before us, surgery wise, & there is So much advice & experience out there to learn from. Good luck on your journey, you have a real spirit & attitude. Just do take care of yourself, OK.? I’ll be thinking of you & watching for your posts.
 
Dear Catalien45,
Thank you for your kind words.
I am also so pleased that I found Bone Smart and the people on here, it has, and continues to be a great source of support and information.
I have PT tomorrow with a new person, as i
Mentioned I wasn’t a fan of the first PT. Bonesmart gave me the confidence to say I wasn’t happy and to ask for a change. You continue to wander into your garden and in and around your house. It is all small steps to recovery. After many, many years of constant pain and discomfort I am looking forward to getting back to some kind of normality and taking my lovely little pug for walks again.
 
It seems to be two steps forward and one step back for me at the moment. Got the most awful painful shocking feeling in bed in the early hours this morning. It woke me up and now a new pain has arrived at the back of my knee and I have pain all down my back on the right side. I think I must have made a strange move or something in my sleep.
The good news is that I went to PT and met my new physio, and I feel she really did listen to me. I will keep you posted on progress.
 
Bad day pain wise yesterday got out of bed and had bad spasms in the back of my knee, this was new! Unfortunately then my whole knee joined in.
I am getting a bit fed up with it all to be honest.
Next week is 6 weeks post op and I hoped to be more mobile and in a lot less discomfort than I am.
On the plus side I am sleeping better
 
had bad spasms in the back of my knee, this was new!
@Cocopug I had something similar happen. My PT recommended massaging it several times during the day. Nothing fancy -- just long strokes up from the calf to relax the muscles. It took a few days, but it helped quite a bit.
 
@Cocopug I’m sorry to hear you’re hurting. This TKR journey is a hard one. No one can know until they have experienced it. Keep your chin up and know others are thinking of you & supporting you.
I’m having my 2nd knee done December 10th. I wish we could all fast forward through the pain, discomfort & all the other not fun things that this path takes us down. Hang in there Cocopug!
 
@Cocopug I’m sorry to hear you’re hurting. This TKR journey is a hard one. No one can know until they have experienced it. Keep your chin up and know others are thinking of you & supporting you.
I’m having my 2nd knee done December 10th. I wish we could all fast forward through the pain, discomfort & all the other not fun things that this path takes us down. Hang in there Cocopug!
Thank you for your message. I take comfort in knowing I’m not alone on my TKR journey.
 
Did quite a bit of walking today. Had to go for my flu jab and that was a walk of 300m. We then went to the wholesalers and I walked holding on to the cart for 25 minutes. We then went and grocery shopped.
Both my knees were playing up by this point. My left knee also needs replacing. My operated knee was swollen by the end of this marathon. I took 600mg of ibuprofen at 13.00 and nothing since and it’s 23.05. The leg feels stiff but not overly painful while lying on the couch. Let’s see what tomorrow brings.
 
Maybe you should take tomorrow to let your body rest.....take care
 
Relax and take it easy, @Cocopug . Your knee will recover from this in a couple of days.....
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom