Guest viewing is limited

PKR Clunky Knee

I have had great results with both TKRs but sometimes felt "down". It helped when I read in Bonesmart that this is normal and temporary. When I couldn't sleep because of the pain, I realised it was better than tossing and turning. I would get up and deliberately watch old comedies. I also admit, I had the odd Malt whisky as well.
Pretty soon it will be behind you and then enjoy that new knee.
 
Hi All good people. Thank you for the kind and encouraging words.
Quick update. Resting and working from home. Very little pain from my knee. Just taking it easy no Physio positive so far
 
All sounds good! Thanks for sharing an update, Ginger1210.
It's still early days so take it slow / easy and have a great week!
@Ginger1210
 
HI All good people at bonesmart.

One month update doing really well. Still get pain and stiffness but there is a significant improvement. Returned to work after 4 days rest at home and slowly increased my activities i have abstained any physical therapy continued to ice and elevate when needed.
I am now off co-codamol and taking paracetamol this is the first time in 5 years which is a big positive for me.
Returned to swimming this week with no side affects.
I see my surgeon tomorrow all going well.
 
Happy One Month Anniversary, Ginger!
Thanks for the update and best wishes for the visit with your surgeon tomorrow!
Let us know how it goes...if you feel like sharing. :) I hope your week is a good one!
@Ginger1210
 
HI All.

Surgeon visit went well. He explained that they have shaved some bone in and around my implant that they think was causing my impingement and pain. He did also explain that the reason it was left like that for the first time was due to the bone being near the anchor point of a ligament. He was happy with my progress and just cautioned that i will be sore for quite some time due to the procedure, all good really. Follow up appointment scheduled for February. I took a couple of boxes of chocolates for all his team as they were brilliant on the day.
The only question i forgot to ask was whether or not the shaved bone had a chance of growing back i will have to wait to ask him in February.
 
He was happy with my progress and just cautioned that I will be sore for quite some time due to the procedure, all good really.
Good news on a good progress!
I took a couple of boxes of chocolates for all his team as they were brilliant on the day.
How sweet to give sweets to his team. I'm sure they like being appreciated. Too many times we forget to say, "Thank you." in some way.
 
Follow up appointment scheduled for February. I took a couple of boxes of chocolates for all his team as they were brilliant on the day.
So thoughtful of you! Happy Two Month Anniversary!

I hope you're doing well. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a happy healthy 2024!
 
Sounds like excellent news. Hopefully you and I get of the Bonesmart long timers list!
 
Hello,
It's been three months since the arthroscopy. Hopefully you're doing well, slowly
getting back to living and enjoying life. We haven't heard from you in awhile, Ginger1210.
Please let us know how it's going as time allows. Hope to hear from you soon!
@Ginger1210
 
Hi Layla. Happy new year to all. Apologies for not updating.

Not doing too bad. After a encouraging first month my knee pretty much feels the same as before the arthroscopy. I am coping well. The crunching and grinding has slightly reduced but i still get pain in my medial and under my knee cap. It may be the case i am a slow healer. I have been to see my GP who has referred me to the Pain management clinic maybe i have a nerve issue as my surgeon is pretty much convinced i have no mechanical issues inside my knee.
I have and did have after my PKR great flexibility with very little swelling. Walking is still my biggest challenge however i can stand for longer periods of time. Back to swimming which helps both physically and mentally.

I hope every one is doing well.
 
Thanks for your response. Give it more time and I'm sure you'll slowly feel stronger. I hope the pain clinic is able to help you. Thankfully you're back to reaping the benefits of swimming.
Wishing you all the best. Stay in touch!
@Ginger1210
 
HI All good people at Bonesmart I hope all are doing well.
Quick update. I continue to try and improve in small areas. Recently started to do stretching exercises on a evening when i am not swimming. Similar as i used to do when Kickboxing. This seems to help re-align my knee and strengthen the muscles. Nothing to arduous just hamstring and Achilles stretching. This has helped reduce my sciatic pain which comes and goes.
Still no appointment with the pain clinic as yet.
Thanks again for all the encouragement and help.
 
I'm relieved to learn you continue to make (slow) progress. Yay for finding a stretching regimen that helps for a few things!!!!!
 
Quick update. I continue to try and improve in small areas. Recently started to do stretching exercises on a evening when i am not swimming.
It's great that you are keeping positive and doing stretches and swimming.
I hope the pain clinic appointment comes through soon. It might be worth chasing it up with the clinic to see what the wait time is and to make sure the referral got through.
 
HI All good people. Well its been nearly 6 months since i had my knee scoped. After initial improvement, my knee has returned to pre op conditions. I am booked into my first session with pain Clinic this coming Friday hopefully they can help a little. I contacted my Surgeons office to give them a update. To be fair my surgeon has offered if my pain continues to go for a full TKR but he wasn`t hopeful this would have a positive result, i tend to agree he suggested i wait and continue with my swimming and stretching.
It is frustrating and bizarre as my pain levels can vary day to day with no indication as to what triggers it. I kind of know when i wake up on a morning just what type of day i will have if my knee feels hot then its not going to be a good day. These day are less then before but i experience at least one a week, Those days at work are tough.
We shall see what the pain clinic can offer.
 
I had a scope in November 2015 that improved my knee for a few months. June, in the following year, I had a TKR, and I am so glad I did! The scope was temporary, the TKR is permanent. I think you should consider having one. Your knee will continue to get worse until you have it replaced.
 
HI All good people at Bone smart.
Well its been just over a year since I had my troublesome right knee scoped out. Not a great deal has changed regarding my overall pain. I have good days and bad however I do have more good than bad. The Pain Clinic has helped and my mind set is stronger and I manage myself better.,
One positive, my company have added me to their BUPA scheme which includes any and all pre-existing conditions. I have decided to continue on my current journey and then seek a second opining in the new year. This has been advised by the pain clinic just to give me peace of mind.
I hope all you good people are doing well. You have helped and assisted in my journey so much. Thank you all.
 
I’m glad things are better, but I’m sorry you still don’t have the outcome you expected and should have. I know how that is. Best Wishes going forward. :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Ginger, :wave:it's so nice to hear from you.
Great news that you're having more good days than bad. With any luck it continues and hopefully by the time the new year rolls around you're doing even better. Thankfully the pain clinic has been an asset and your mental outlook has improved. All positive! :thumb:
Thanks for stopping by with an update. Stay in touch!
@Ginger1210
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom