Guest viewing is limited

Clothing question

I rather think a clog is a clog however it comes dressed! But I do know they can be very comfortable.
 
@stephie33 hi, I'm a pj person too but did take two long t shirt (knee length) nightgowns to the hospital with me. They worked great for nurses
To check my incision area etc without having to pull on pajamas that cover it up. Also at night during my recovery I sleep in them because sometimes at night when I get up to go potty it is so much quicker and easy. Hope this helps



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@cherndonnay that's good info as well! I won't be having a hospital stay but my mom has insisted that I get nightgowns so that I can have an easier time with things. She'll be here with me helping out for a while. I personally don't care for them but mother (and you :yahoo:) know best so I'm off to order some from a local department store! Everyone here is so smart and helpful. Thanks again!

Steph
 
Well I as going to offer my 2 cents but anything I would have said has been said, but my preference was big sweats. Made me laugh about your mother :rotfl:
 
I like the big sweats during the day too but it just seamed at night it was such an ordeal to get in and out of bed. The short knee length gowns were helpful because I didn't have to pull anything down and a couple times during the early recovery days I didn't get my sweats down in time and then you have another problem. Lol
 
Hold up - does this mean that you're not supported to wear sandals after a THR? That's all I wear in summer here. Humph.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
 
No, you can wear sandals. We are talking about what you can wear while you are in the hospital. Many areas do not allow patients to wear shoes or slippers that have an open back.
 
@ScenicRte I'm was actually just asking about clothing options post surgery and what was folks has found easier to deal with. I'm not going to be in the hospital because I'm not having a replacement. My procedure is a day procedure and I won't be staying in the hospital at all. Sorry if that wasn't clear!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@ScenicRte ...Don't want to confuse you about shoes, but my OS requested that I do NOT wear any kind of sandal or floppy slippers post op. I was encouraged to wear tennis shoes, even in the house, for these first 6 weeks, which OS said would be both safer and easier to re-learn my proper walking gait. I do have my 6 week post op check up this week, and will definitely ask if I can now wear sandals without a back strap, since that is what I usually wear year round.
 
Good luck to you Stephie33.
I wore the wrap around hospital gowns when I was an inpatient. Since getting home, I've been wearing nightshirts and a pair of full-back "slippers" with non-slip soles. I go "commando". The nightshirts have the same advantage as the hospital gowns: I can just pull them up over my waist when I have to use the toilet. No bending or using those grabber tools.
 
Nothing really to add but in my list of things to bring to the hospital was a robe and slippers. Now, I knew I wasn't going to take a robe but slippers...hmmm. My slippers are just slip on, backless and no support. However, nothing was said to the type of slipper, just slippers. So, I thought of the slipper socks with the non skid bottoms. My thought process was that my feet would stay warm and they would be comfortable. I was in the hospital for 27 hours, so really didn't think I needed to take much. As it turns out, the PT after surgery and the following morning, nothing was said and I wore the hospitals slipper socks. I figured that I had my sneakers if I needed something to walk in with support. Just ramblings as to what I had. I didn't take a nightgown, or any sort of PJ's as I knew it was 1 night in the hospital. Once I came home, during the day I had sweatpants. Never even thought about not wearing my regular undies and I had no problem, I just took it slow. However, I did have a few of those "hurry up" bathroom calls as @Cherdonnay was talking about....lol.
 
@HippyHappy Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be sure to ask my OS when I see him in a about three weeks for the pre-op prep. He's in Santa Barbara, where it's common to wear flip-flops almost all year round. Will post any new wisdom.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
 
I would seriously think about not wearing flip flops post op for a bit. You are not that stable for a few weeks and you don't want to slip (I did slip on the stairs and it was very sore!! Luckily no major damage). Anything with a back will be your friend to begin with. I had slip on trainers (no laces) they were perfect. I also agree that you will be wanting to make sure your gait is good and the better the support on your feet the easier it will be to walk well. It's not for long. I am now past 6 weeks, no restrictions and wearing any footwear although when I go out to walk I do wear decent trainers and it does make me walk well.
Good luck!
Sam


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I wore Toms as slippers and they were great. Use a long handled shoe horn for the backs of any slip ons.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I don’t know if I’ll swell a lot so I need advice for pants/ capris for PT and house. Wide bottoms? Anyone recommend stores in US? IM ON Long Island. I don’t own nightgowns , should I buy some.
 
I used extra large scrub bottoms with drawstring. Easy to get on and off and baggy to provide room for swelling and ease of movement
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom