THR ChrissW's recovery thread

Happy five months hipversary, @ChrissyW :thumb:

Hope you get your lesson plan sorted and have some time for relaxing.

Thank you @Mojo333 . Lesson all planned, marking up to date and tea eaten so now it is relax time. Happy evening everyone xx

Happy 5 month hippie-versary!! I can't wait to be at thqt milestone, but then things can please slow down. Glad to hear you're resting and relaxing. :flwrysmile:

Best of luck for Tuesday's lesson planning.
I hope you have a great week!
@ChrissyW

Hey Chrissy :wave:
Bon Voyage as you set sail again this weekend. I hope you and hubs have a wonderful time on your cruise. Lots of relaxation, beautiful scenery and wonderful times to cherish later. Wishing you fair winds, calm seas and all things good.
Enjoy!
@ChrissyW

Hey again...
Read elsewhere you had a root canal today. Hoping you're not in pain.
Wishing you comfort.
@Chrissy

Just noticed a post of yours elsewhere and caught your surgery date.
It sounds like all is going really well for you. :yes!:
Happy Ten Month Anniversary! (A day late)
I can’t believe your one yr anniversary is right around the corner. Woohoo! :happydance:Enjoy the end of the week! :)
@ChrissyW

Happy One Year Anniversary!
I hope all continues to go well for you. May your next year be even better than the last. :)
@ChrissyW

Happy hipaversary @ChrissyW !! I hope your swelling has gone down. I too have been experiencing some tenderness and pain but it's definitely due to some over-walking, overworking in the garden, and general aging I think. I've got a one year followup appointment this week with my OS and am waiting to hear if it goes ahead as a telephone appointment or is rescheduled. I've still got large wide 'dent' along my scar line on my outer thigh, looks like a chunk of my meat is missing! That's my only niggling concern at this point. Thought it was just muscle that needed building up but it doesn't seem to be changing, despite increasing my strength. Oh well small price to pay.

Anyway, hope you are enjoying some downtime with hubby and getting out to see all the spring lambs up in beautiful Yorkshire. What was the final result of the work issues earlier this year? Will you be going back to same school whever they finally reopen? Take care my hipster buddy and I hope you are relaxed after our jaunt with @Mayhip8 to her special place in Wales. Keep your chin up! Love and hugs. :flwrysmile: :loveshwr::SUNsmile:

Happy one year anniversary @ChrissyW :loveshwr::flwrysmile::roseshwr::flwrysmile:

I see @Calgal description of her wound and must say it sounds similar to mine.
I hope you’re staying safe and as well as you can be,

Sending much love and hugs
:friends::SUNsmile::mooncat:

Hello my wonderful hippy sisters @Mayhip8 , @Calgal , @ahipgma and @Layla. Hope you are all doing fine, or as well as can be expected in this covid world. Well, as the school felt I was surplus to use and made me redundant in summer , I have started my own business Next Steps Support and Consultancy Ltd. It is a real struggle as schools don't want to engage, which I totally understand as they are really struggling with attendance, consistency and the whole caboodle that has come with the pandemic so their focus us on subjects rather than careers, skills and next steps. As a generally positive person I'm going to keep pushing and it will work out. I have also worked on, and now successfully gained, a diploma in neuro linguistics. What about the rest of you, if you are still on here, what has everyone been up to? (Oh and another of my lockdown acquired skills is I have found the ability to make fat free whisked sponge cakes and as you might remember, baking is not a strength of mine so I'm pleased with this other accomplishment!) Hugs to you all and anyone else who stops by xxx

So good to see your post @ChrissyW
So very many of us have been affected by the pandemic in so many ways its hard to get a handle on.
Its now wintry in our part of the country and saw snow flurries
today. Both hips are healed and behaving well. I continue my walks and stretches every day and that helps alot.
How is your hip behaving? This cold weather kicks up joint pain for me but all in all things are good. Our trip to Italy is put off indefinitely as you can well imagine. I turned 64 this year and am still loving retirement. My granddaughter is turning 3 soon and is a lot of fun.
I remember the cruises and trips you would take with your hub. How great it will be to do those things again. I've started intermittent fasting and lost 10 lbs with more to go. How great you're enhancing your cooking skills, too!
Love and prayers to @Elf1 @Layla @Calgal, and especially our dear @Mayhip8 who i hope is staying safe and healthy. The "trips" we took and the fun we had in recovery seem like 100 years ago. Looking forward to hopeful and better times ahead :loveshwr: and:friends:s

Hello @ChrissyW It’s very nice to hear from you! Your group of May 2019 surgery buddies crosses my mind making me wonder how you’re doing each time I run into an old post by one of you. I’m sorry to hear about your work situation with school, but hope you will do well in your new business venture. This Covid world we‘re all trying to navigate can feel overwhelming some days. We are currently experiencing quite a surge in the MN and WI area and it’s looking like we’re heading for more lock downs. :bawl:Oh well, all we can do is try to make the best of life and hope it ends at some point in the near future. It’s been hard on so many.

Congrats on the diploma you received after your studies. Awesome for you! Looks like you may be giving @Mayhip8 a run for her money with the new baking skills you‘ve acquired. I will always remember her description of the aroma of her wonderful Bolognese wafting through the house.:) I hope her ailing hip is holding out. :fingersx:

A big Hello to @ahipgma and of course @Calgal also. I hope everyone’s newish hips are serving them well and that each of you stays safe and healthy. Wishing you a wonderful holiday season and many blessings in 2021! THANKS for dropping by the forum!

@ChrissyW and @ahipgma happy to see you're both doing well. I know it can be tough trying to adjust to all the surges and lockdowns, etc. Please take care of yourselves. :xmas-snowball-fight-smiley-emoticon:. Sorry, just had to do it to hopefully give you a giggle!

Popped in! Fab to hear and see your responses everyone .. I will update soon my lovelies .. sending hugs and love xxxxxx

I thought I would pop by to say hello as I'd been looking at some of the shoulder posts. Mine have starting playing up, so to say! About a year ago I saw the doctor who said it was arthritis and over the last couple of months it has got worse(neck and top of arm) so, like you do, rang doctor, got a phone appointment and now have been told take naproxen twice a day, do physio exercises sent for 2 weeks then get back in touch! I pretty much knew I'd be told this and part of me hoped an X-ray or something might have been offered. Oh well, I'm now putting it down to age , just like the weight I now can't shift!! (Well done with your weight loss ahipgma - what form of intermittent fasting are you following?) love to you all ahipgma, Calgal, Elf, Layla, Mayhip8 and anyone I've missed xxx

Nice to hear from you, Chrissy. Sorry to read about the arthritis in your shoulders though. Hopefully the pain eases, rather than get worse. Deteriorating joints are certainly no fun. Wishing you comfort and hope the combo of exercises and Naproxen brings you some relief as we near the holidays. Stay in touch. :friends:
@ChrissyW

Hello @ChrissyW and anyone else who may pop in----
So lovely to see a post from you.
I'm so sorry to hear about your shoulder, though not surprised, arthritis just seems to pop up in one place just when you get it fixed in another. My back has been kicking up and I have splints for both thumbs.
My husband has had knee injections, tennis elbow and thumb splints! Sheesh!
But life goes on such as it is.
My little grandaughter is turning three next week, we are all awaiting a covid vaccine as our cases climb. I pray daily for all nurses including our @Mayhip8
I hope your shoulder feels better soon. Chrissy. I would say maybe you wrenched it pulling luggage on one of our trips but we haven't traveled lately, have we:bignono:
I intermittent fast 8/16 eating between 10 am and 6pm. I walk every day and do some weights and exercises. I slip up alot, especially in this eating season we're getting into.
Love and hugs to all. @Layla , @Calgal ,@Mayhip8

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom