TKR Check up after five years of skiing, biking and hiking!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha Ha a half hour powder run would be a dream come true for me!.... would have to drive up to Whistler for that, and pay the big bucks. We get a lot of snow on our local Mt. Washington (38 feet average over 25 years) but only about 1700 feet of vertical so not very long runs..... Salt Spring is a Gulf island of about 11,000 population between Vancouver and Victoria in British Columbia, has been my home for nearly 40 years now.
Cheers,
Al
 
Wow, Nice place to live. My husband loved the sea and wanted to live on a coast--but I love mountains. We live in Montana and I ski at Whitefish Mountain Resort---2500' vertical
 
@skigirl, not sure how I missed your post from almost a month ago! Thrilled you received such a good report! Jealous of your snow! I love winter, but cross-country skiing is what I like. Since this is very flat Chicago, it's a good thing! Happy New Year...and let me know next time you come to town. Maybe we can walk our kid's dogs together....since they live just down the block from one another!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
So good to read that your knee has stood up to all the activity you put it through, makes me think that one day I will get back to walking my dogs in the fields around me and wont have to compromise too much

never been skiing but on my bucket list :yes!: enjoy your season
 
@Lovestoread I was going to go for Wyatt's first birthday, but my daughter is going to Las Vegas so I am going there instead of bleak Chicago!! I will let you know when I go in the spring!!
 
Hi @skigirl hope your ski season is going great. Our winter has been up & down. Below zero one week & 30's & rain the next. The snow is almost gone again which is pretty unusual. I'm sure we will get dumped on again soon.
Take care.
 
Hi@skigirl :-) I completed a week on the slopes Trois Vallees in France and it was great!!! I skied everyday. I realised after day two that my leg muscles had begun to hurt so much because I was tending them up- probably out of fear. No problem with TKR, no pain, no swelling. A dream come true. Thanks for your earlier advice. I did it!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I have found that skiing powdery moguls is much easier on my TKR than fast hard groomers. I can use the bumps to slow down & turn on and most on moguls ski much slower than those who pound down the groomers
 
Just had my five year check up and my OS assured me that my implant looks terrific!! it is still rather firmly stuck onto my bones and so I shall have another year of fun in the snow!!!
That you are skiing after TKR is so dang inspirational to me, I was a team skier for the winter park jumping team, flying team, and also the alpine team in the 1969 - 1974. I pray to get back on the slopes...!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@javaev you can see I hav edited your post and inserted a proper quote so people can see who said it.
I suggest you take a look in here to see how to use quotes - then you'll enjoy doing it!
How to quote a post
 
@skiwizz I just read your post and I am so happy for you. It looks fabulous there!!! Lots more years of skiing ahead of you.
 
@javaev I am not sure about flying or jumping---but skiing, is a real pleasure with no knee pain.
 
Thank you Josephine..!
Skigirl, I last was on the slopes 3 years ago and the associated pain defeated me and put an end to my skiing, It was very crushing indeed to my soul, as skiing was my life for a long time, beginning when I was six years old. My OS surprised me when he said he wants to see me on my skis again, I couldn't have been more thrilled, and to hear all of you back on skis and having a blast was just music to my ears..! Im 12 days post op from LTKR today, I just finished my morning PT session and got the OK from my therapist to try the bike on the trainer, I was shocked, I was able to do full rotations on the pedals for 10 min..! I get my other knee May 18th. and maybe next winter, I might give a "bunny hill" a try..!
 
With my weight loss, if I can get down to 200, I will see about trying the slopes myself. Have to drive to Colorado, let's see either Breckenridge, Ski. cooper, or Keystone.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
What it's powder, and the west side slips at keyston are all blues and blacks


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom