THR Celebrating one at a time, encore!

Good morning, @Alitm. Decided to respond to your post on my thread with a post on yours! Yes, it is a beautifully sunny day here in the PNW and happy to hear that you've got sunshine as well. Isn't it wonderful to have such a glorious day in the middle of winter? If we've got to grimly march along during the winter months, it sure feels fab fabulous to wake up to a sunny day occasionally! I've got Pilates today (hold strong, O Left Hip) in late morning, so I need to get dressed shortly as I'm the driver for the carpool today. This will involved putting on leggings which are always a bit of a challenge. Sure, it makes my long legs look smooth and firm but--ouf--the process of putting my legs into them is a bit like stuffing meat into sausage casings! I hope your slow and steady improvement continues and especially on a day like today, it would be nice to get out and about in this nice weather--just don't overdo things! Cheers, and happy sunny Tuesday!
 
Sleepless on VI. @Barbaraj hope Pilates went well. I always have a giggle about your leggings and description of putting said leggings on. I hardly believe it!!

I've been doing a bit of outdoor work and have been pretty busy with normal life, with rest stops in between things! Yesterday afternoon my body said stop and have a nap, and then I went to bed and slept 8 hours!!! Of course tonight I'm wide awake. Bumped up the magnesium to 500 mgs, and once asleep, I think my sleep is deeper and more restful.

Hubby recovering well I think, but worried he'll push through the amount of weight he is permitted to lift...no more than ten lbs. He sees his surgeon tomorrow, and I hope he reads hubby the riot act!

I have graduated to physio every two weeks and my friends at the animal feeds store seem to be impressed with how well I'm moving....they never hesitate to tell me...meant with the best of intentions of course!

With all my smugness about having the daffodils and tulips coming up, we are getting blasted starting on Sunday, with the arctic cold that the midwest and east are getting at the moment. We are supposed to have snow and miserable cold for about a week and then a warm up! Our mild winter was just too good to be true!! Hope everyone is keeping warm!
 
Good morning, @Alitm. Like you, I am not looking forward to the cold weather returning early next week. It's been so glorious the last few days, and even this morning I am looking out at lots of clouds, but also a bright long stretch of light blue sky--such a mood booster!

Wow, an 8 hour nap! That sounds heavenly on one hand, but also as if it would completely throw off your sleep cycle, as evidenced by your post1:00 AM postings last night! I hope you're able to get back on track as sleep is wonderful and restorative, but it also needs to be at night, I'd think, to allow you daylight hours to get things done.

Pilates on Tuesday went well, and yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical and although I feel it, it's not debilitating and I trust it's just part of the normal and slow process of strength and flexibility building. Today will just be PT exercises although it's also my granddaughter's ballet lesson this afternoon and while she's twirling we'll be walking down and back (cardio!) a few blocks for drinks and an appetizer at the bar. Now that I've officially ditched Dry January, a tasty grapefruit martini is definitely on this afternoon's agenda! I am salivating already.

Enjoy these last few days of decent weather before you'll have to hunker down for a bit of an artic blast.
 
:wave:Good to read you are doing well!!:yahoo:
I thankfully don't have to deal with extreme winter weather!
Let's see what the groundhog has to say today!
Hope you have a good weekend!:) :-) (:
 
Hey, @Alitm, how are you doing? You pushed some of your frigid air and snow down south so we had snow coming down starting yesterday afternoon. We don't have that much, of course, but people in my neck of the wood freak out big time when there is even a whiff of the white stuff. No snow now, and only a few inches on the ground, but it's really cold (27 degrees last time I checked) and very icy on the roads. To make matters worse, we lost power around 9:00 AM. By 11:30 despite warm socks, extra sweater and a lap robe, I was freezing, and husband agree to venture out for lunch. We had a nice lunch, complete with a glass of wine, and neighbors texted while we were still at lunch that the power was back on--wahoo! So, a return to a much warmer house and just needed to reset the endless amount of clocks and phones around the house. Intend to do zilch the rest of the day. I suspect it was much colder and more miserable in your neck of the woods, but I hope you are managing okay.
 
OH NO @Barbaraj! So sorry to hear about the power outage! Yes we have snow and cold, but still have power thank goodness. Glad you are back on line. I went out yesterday to get a flu shot as I have to travel to Bda to my brother, details to come on my thread, and the back roads were SOOO icy. It was scary. I was in four wheel drive and inching along...not fun at all. We have cold temps and more snow forecasted for another week UGH! We are on my thread!! Good grief...I have a lot on my mind.
 
Oh, @Alitm, somehow I suspect the need to go to Bermuda is not a happy event, and I imagine it will be a rough trip. It's been icy around here, too--no more snow but what's remained has turned into solid ice and hard packed snow. Temperatures are expected to remain frigid around here as well, with the possibility of more snow by week's end for us, too. Argh! Please take care of yourself, and will look to hear more about your upcoming trip. Hugs to you.
 
Have been off the forum just from being busy trying to catch up on life a bit. Went to pick up my young horse on Saturday. So lovely to have him home. He had two days to relax in the pasture and be a horse, before the snow arrived. It is a snowy and icy walk down to the pasture, so he hasn't had the pleasure since. The other two were happy to see him!

Sadly my brother has taken a turn for the worse and is still battling the pneumonia, has developed septicemia, so after speaking with his GP, I am flying to spend a few days with my brother. I leave on Thurs, overnighting on the east coast and fly on to him on Friday. The timing stinks, but horse sitter pressed back into service, and hubby is recovering well, and it is OK to leave him. I will take my hiking poles, and am walking about 9,000 steps a day now, and doing barn chores. OS said to start the baby aspirin again and walk a lot on the flights. Stopping for the night, instead of taking the red eye, makes sense and will keep me rested, hydrated and able to do my stretches etc.

Hope all recovering hippies are doing well. I haven't been on to check in with my regulars, but hope everyone is comfortable. Will check in the end of next week.
 
Sorry to hear that and hope he pulls through this. It is a horrible thing. Don’t forget the baby aspirin and the flight socks.
 
:sad:So sorry to hear your brother is so ill!
Adding my prayers for him and wishes for a safe trip!
 
Gosh, sorry @Alitm, to read your difficult news. I think it's probably going to be a tough trip, even without the red eye (and good for you for deciding not to do that!) and then tough when you get to Bermuda. Like everyone else on the forum, plus your family and friends, we'll be rooting that your brother makes a remarkable recovery and pulls through. We'll all be thinking of your anxiously, with fingers crossed. Take care of yourself.
 
Big hug to you, @Alitm. The timing does stink, but life happens, as we know. It seems important that you go. I'm glad your husband is stable and hat you're walking a lot. I'll keep the best thoughts for tomorrow. You know how to take care of yourself. Check in when you're able!
 
Good Morning @Alitm
I'm so sorry to read the news in regard to your brother.
Thankfully hubs is doing well enough that you can comfortably leave him and the horse sitter is available.
I think you'll appreciate the break overnight on the east coast. Hopefully you find the peace and quiet soothing. Prayers for your brother's health and comfort, for safe travels for you and for special times and memories between brother and sister while together.
Big hugs to you :console2:
 
Hi there @Alitm, so sorry to read about your brother. I sincerely hope everything works out.
Glad to hear you got your horse home. I too have been off the forum getting back to life, and thought I would check in after another set back.
Thinking about you and Somerset. Hope you are riding soon.

Cheers
 
Hi @Alitm
Stopping by to say Hi! I hope you're doing well and that your brother's medical crisis has improved.
I certainly understand if you're back to living life at 4 and 6 months post op. Many move forward at this point. After all, that's why we go through this process....trying to recapture what we loved to do before it became a struggle. I hope you're enjoying your beloved horses and with any luck hubby has fully recovered by now as well.
Wishing you only the best!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom