TKR Ceegee's recovery

I don't visit the forum often, but have come to report on progress. It's now two-and-a-half years since my TKR, and things continue to go well. I've had various aches and pains in all my other joints, in particular the non-TKR knee (see video below), but they have all resolved now. I think everything just needed to settle into its new role after the right leg was straightened and strengthened by the TKR.

Until COVID, I was still enjoying agility with my dog. Last year he and I won our class at both the provincial and the national championships. During the COVID lockdown we couldn't train because our training centre had to close, so we went for long daily walks instead - about 7 kilometres per day. The centre reopened in July and we are back to regular training again. The knee holds up well and I'm very pleased with it.

Interestingly, it continues to improve over time, even now. I have more range of motion than before. My annual visit to the surgeon was cancelled this year because of COVID, so my range hasn't been measured, but I can see that it's better than it was. The joint also seems to get stronger over time. I'm much more active than I was able to be for about ten years before the operation.

Video for interest. The support strap is on my non-TKR knee, which was causing some problems at the time (last August); the TKR was on my right leg and doesn't need support.

 
I love to see you videos! Great job!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom