TKR Cass1e Recovery from Right Knee

Got my meds changed this morning, so hopefully should get rid of this nausea.
Finally ventured down stairs a couple of times too, so things are going in the right direction?
I'm delighted to report that zingers are coming very frequently, uncomfortable they may be, but I remember them as a sign my knee is starting to recover. I had no idea what they were the first time round as it was before I discovered Bonesmart. Now I know that it is nerves in my knee starting to reconnect.
I remember a couple of years ago someone on this site worrying that she had a bee in her blanket that stung her, like me she didn't know what to expect either, but it is an image that has always stuck with me and made me giggle. My family is coming to visit this weekend and they won't know why grandma suddenly "leaping?' around and shaking her blankets out. My first knee was done at the beginning of covid, so I didn't get to see them until 8 months after surgery.
 
Thst is a cute story about the bee!

Im glad you’re coming along well and will see your family this weekend. I’ll see mine, too. Enjoy!
 
Enjoy your time with your family, and hopefully the change of your medication will ease your nausea.
Small steps and improvements make this journey so much better every little achievement counts.
Love your story about the bee- will think of you when the Zingers reappear xx
 
Oh what a long and boring day this has been. Husband wanted me to get up and clean for him. I really can't be bothered, so I am getting the silent treatment along with my dry bread or burnt toast routine.
We each have our own house and I can't wait to get back to mine, was hoping to stick it out til after my clips were out, but days like this really take it out of me. The family are here and sat downstairs eating curry, so I'm still upstairs on my own. My nausea has been a little better today, thanks to a different medication. But the smell alone is upsetting me.

I'm not usually a miserable person, but, this is one day too many, all self inflicted, cos if I'd just got up and done the cleaning......

The knee seems to be coming on well enough, I'm surprised how much I can bend it when sat in a decent height chair, but my groin is too sore to even think about heel slides. Its not at all sensitive to touch and I've found myself rubbing round the dressing without realising. My 1st knee stung if I so much as even looked at it, and it hated the touch of even the lightest sheets or clothing. I hope this stays the same after the clips are out. My bruises have nearly gone too. My surgeon (and bonesmart) warned me that no two knees are ever the same, even on the same person.
 
Welcome, and I do hope you’re feeling better by the time you read this. I’m just over a month out. Like you, I’ve had nausea, we’e pretty sure that it is the Tramadol for pain & possibly meloxicam for inflammation & pain. I finish the meloxicam tomorrow, Tramadol probably also. Also, if I overdo, I think that may make it worse. Listen to your body. Rest when it tells you to. You’ll see that again & again on this site. Lots of good information here. The Dr cannot possibly cover everything, but you can learn So much from other folks. Wishing you the best in your recovery. Just remember the sage advice they stress here.. slow & steady, slow & steady....
 
Husband wanted me to get up and clean for him.
What??!! Your knee isn't even 2 weeks old. He should be waiting on you hand and foot. If he isn't paralyzed, he should be doing all the cleaning and cooking.
We each have our own house and I can't wait to get back to mine
There are many of us who recovered alone and did OK. I think you'd be better off there than staying at a place that is not good for you.
 
Husband wanted me to get up and clean for him.
The family are here and sat downstairs eating

@Cass1e, That's awful. I'm so sorry. You've had major surgery just a few days ago. Your family needs to be educated about what you've been through. Maybe having them watch a video of what the surgery entails would help them be more empathetic? Good luck.
 
Clips are out, and my sickliness gone, but I have no appetite whatsoever, and I know I'm eating rubbish-all carbs and no protein. The Zingers are here with a vengeance, they were never as vicious as this last time. Back in my own house, and I can get up and downstairs by myself so I feel more independent. But I feel bored and restless and rather anxious about things, I wonder if this is due to my medication. I am taking Co-Dydramol 10/500 twice a day-although I can take 2 tablets 4 times a day-I find I don't need to take that much. It's not particularly painful or tight across my knee, but my ankle soon throbs if I try and stand for many minutes. My left knee is very stiff and clunky, it feels as though it needs a good walk to loosen it off, but I can't manage that yet. These dark damp (but very mild) November days seem to be lasting forever.
 
Aaggghhh, I can hear my husband on his phone telling someone I'm two weeks into recovery, but by 6 weeks I should be back to normal!!!!
This is my second knee too, and we all know how long the recovery takes in the real world.... heavens above.
 
:yikes: I guess you better have a talk with him!
 
My response is that I'm in week 9 of a 52 week recovery, but I'll start feeling closer to normal in about 6 months.

Has you husband watched a knee replacement surgery on YouTube? I don't think anyone can watch that and think 6 weeks is sufficient to heal from all that, not considering the unique steps that have also been needed/taken.
 
Why does this knee hate ice so much?
Last time, ice and elevation always felt wonderful and I could rest there for a good hour. It was also summer time.
This time, an ice-pack really is uncomfortable, despite so many layers of cloth, and going in the car my knee needs wrapping in a thick blanket to avoid a deep seated ache that runs up to my thigh.
I am beginning to wonder if the blood thinners I am on this time are making the difference?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom