yesyvonne
junior member
For anyone who is serious about losing weight, I strongly encourage you to check out Bright Line Eating. There is a book by that title, written by a neuroscientist who has studied food, nutrition, and brain function around eating. She was once obese herself, is now slim and trim, and still follows the plan. Please do consider it, @Westie13, as you sound quite desperate. There are astonishing success stories with before and after pics at the website. I have been on it since last October and have lost 40 pounds so far. It's all about what you eat (real food, fresh food), how much, and when. Also there's a community of strong support, which is essential.
I think whether or not you find a surgeon to do your knees, you will be happier if you take at least some of that weight off and regain some degree of increased mobility.
Now I don't really know how the bariatric band would impact Bright Line Eating, but there are ways to be in touch with Bright Line support and you can ask about that.
My heart goes out to you. I hope this is helpful for you.
I think whether or not you find a surgeon to do your knees, you will be happier if you take at least some of that weight off and regain some degree of increased mobility.
Now I don't really know how the bariatric band would impact Bright Line Eating, but there are ways to be in touch with Bright Line support and you can ask about that.
My heart goes out to you. I hope this is helpful for you.
United States
, so we need them to function as well as possible. Then, if you are able to find a surgeon and get them fixed, I encourage you to make it a top priority in your life to move around as much as possible when recovered. At first it may be only a little walk to your garden (or similar) but as time goes on and you are faithful to moving around, it'll become easier and you'll find yourself taking long walks, maybe doing some swimming or similar activities that suit your life and likes. Good luck to you and keep us posted!