Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection Burning<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I went into the therapy session knowing that was session ten, I would be evaluated and that info sent to the surgeon. Up to this point I had a hard time with 30 pounds on the hip machine. I did it for 10 reps hoping it would work. My ROM was greatly improved so I was happy. Here's hoping the surgeon agrees. It feels so much better to exercise and walk at my own pace at home rather than pushing myself two days a week in that PT center.


08/12/2016 THR
09/10/2016 REMOVAL of THR AND PLACEMENT OF ANTIBIOTIC SPACER
11/16/2016 REVISION THR
 
@lpolovchik so glad you've stopped the PT it obviously wasn't working for you. You semm to be on the right road now so keep it up. Happy healing - keep us updated.
 
A good update: surgeon said that I can drive and as long as I do my exercises each day and walk on the treadmill, I dont need to continue the physical therapy. I'm beginning to walk a bit w/o the cane as well. He did stress that walking w/o the cane 100% before I'm ready will injure the muscles that he cut through. I feel pretty good and that just changed within the last week. I still get tired by the afternoon and spend every afternoon on a bed with an ice pack and my Kindle. I can step into the bathtub now and don't need a dressing tool to get on my pants but I still need the sock tool for my right foot. As soon as I can tie my right shoe I'm off to a sporting goods store for a pair of Nikes. It feels good to have made it this far w/o any serious problems.


08/12/2016 THR
09/10/2016 REMOVAL of THR AND PLACEMENT OF ANTIBIOTIC SPACER
11/16/2016 REVISION THR
 
I tried to grocery shop on my own this morning. Bad idea. I'm on the couch with an ice pack and pain pill. I've been doing so good exercising at home and walking on the treadmill. It's hard getting back to real life.


Linda
08/12/2016 THR
09/10/2016 REMOVAL of THR AND PLACEMENT OF ANTIBIOTIC SPACER
11/16/2016 REVISION THR
 
Post op blues are very common. It's a major procedure and a shock to the system. Then there is the frustration of not being able to do everything easily (just yet). Just roll with it. Any blues will pass.

I am 9 days postoperative and I am getting weepy the last 3 days. Just as Jaycee said I am feeling frustrated that cannot do things that I normally do for myself and am guilty asking for my husbands help all the time. I know I just need to be patient and take one day at a time. Healing does take time. Today I started using the cane instead of the walker and I felt good about that. I felt a little less dependent.


Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Update: Almost 3 months post op and walking 20 minutes a day on my treadmill at 2 mph. After last weekend's bad experience grocery shopping I've given that chore back to my husband. I still ice and elevate every two hours during the day. Most of the time my pain is being controlled with Celebrex and extra strength Tylenol. I'm back on all RA meds but haven't seen an improvement there but I've scheduled an appointment with a new rheumatologist in my health network hoping for better coordination with the OS should anything else occur. I'm actually starting to get a feeling of wellness back and am sleeping a bit better at night.


Linda
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom