Bilateral TKR BTKR - OCT 28 - on way to hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. Sounds like you are just like me. Mid 40's BTKR. Wow I you are 8 weeks out. How are you? Any tricks? What was most important to your recovery? How long were you in rehab? I have a million questions. And yes I wil try to force the hospital staff to ice more. Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
And another update. My knees how now swollen a it and the pain is about a 5 or so. Upped the oxicoden to 10mg from 5mg. And I am now on a CPM machine


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
AVJ123,
How are you doing? I am 12 days postop myself. Improvement is slow, but I am beginning to notice little things each day as I get stronger, and regain balance.
 
Great to hear you see doing great at 12 days. Each day goes kind of slow. I am now on day 5 but I am of real doing well I think. Pain is manageable. Typically a 1-3 and at towns has reached a 5. I started pt today and it was weird but my knees actually felt better afterwards. I was spooked that they would cause too much pain. But I have to say I am motivated to get better so even the small pain I got did not really matter to me. I walked today 75 feet to PT room and hen 75 ft back. That was cool. I find that my leg is stiffest on the morning and then when I lay in bed for a long time. After those times i find getting up and walking around is more painful. I'll give more updates and I would like to hear all of yours too. Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well sometimes my typing and spelling don't work out too well based on the last post and sometimes the spellcheck gets weird words. anyway I thought I would give a fast update here we are four days after the surgery the fifth day little more PT using the CPM machine Icing. while things seem to be going pretty well it's still obviously very slow and sometimes that's hard to manage it's okay though anyone elses experience on their first week?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad to hear you're doing well from another 40-something!! We should start our own club, it's not often these days where I'm in the young crowd! :snork:

Look forward to reading your updates and hope you continue with your current progress, you sound like you're doing really well!
 
Each day you will see gets better. You are doing great so far
 
Finally made it home from hospital after 9 days. 2 days in hospital and 7 days one floor down at rehab. It was great to have rehab multiple hours each day. But let me tell you it's also fantastic to be home. I have my wife and 6 kids loving to help out and it's so nice to see happy people running around instead of lots of people in pain in the hospital. Also it forces me to move a round a little more which is a good thing. Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
How about a new title for this thread? New start, new title, eh?

Please don't go overboard with the exercising. Once a day is enough and no 10-15 reps!
And have a complete day off at least once a week as well!
 
How do o change the title? Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@avj123 ,
There is an icon called thread tools top right above the posts, click on it and you can change your title. It is right next to the unwatch thread button.
If that does not work tag a moderator and they will change it for you.
 
How do o change the title? Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom