Guest viewing is limited

THR Brisco06 Recovery from Aug 25

Sounds like everything went well. Pain can jump all over the place, so would think the calf pain is normal. I don’t know about your surgeon, but mine always takes a n X-ray the following day after surgery. I saw mine and he said it went great. If yours took X-ray and or told you operation went well, I definitely wouldn’t worry about the calf pain at this point in recovery.
 
Great to see you in recovery, friend:friends:
Might have to do with the positions we "find" ourselves in during surgery :dubious:.???
Not sure but you can certainly ice those too...or maybe try using a heating pad if it keeps being bothersome.
Hope all eases soon...
 
Not quite one week update. This hip seems much different than the one I had replaced Aug 25. It is much more painful...I have a stabbing type pain when I try to walk which I didn't have with the other one. I haven't even attempted any PT. Is this stabbing pain normal? I haven't used any oxycodone, just tramadol but maybe I need to. Thanks for any suggestions
 
@brisco06 Too early to be cutting down on your medication. Take what is prescribed around the clock for now. You need your meds to increase mobility.
 
:hi: @brisco06
Happy Three Month Anniversary, Lefty. :yay:
How are you doing? I hope the pain you mentioned with your latest THR, right hip,
is easing.
Let us know as time allows. Wishing you a lovely and pain free Thanksgiving. :SUNsmile:
 
RTHR done Nov 5, 2020. I am having a lot of lower back pain with this hip that I didn't have with my LTHR done Aug 25, 2020. Is this a normal occurrence? I think I may have some bursitis on my right side but this lower back pain is killing me. I am only taking some ES tylenol because I am on blood thinner for afib. Haven't done any structured PT and wondering if I should try that. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thks
 
A couple of questions for you:
1. Have you purchased new shoes since your RTHR? Wearing shoes with a pre-op wearing pattern can cause all kinds of aches and pains.

2. Do you normally have back pain? I suffer chronic spinal pain but my LTHR made it flare. I worked with a PT who specialised in spinal issues. Increasing your core stability can address lower back issues.
 
Stopping by to say Hi and wish you a happy anniversary as it’s been two months since your latest surgery. I’m sorry to read you’re struggling with back pain. I hope, Jaycey’s, suggestions work and you find comfort and relief soon. Wishing you brighter days! :SUNsmile:
@brisco06
 
It must be so frustrating and worrisome to have the back pain flare up. I had some back issues prior to surgery and my doctor made certain I understood that while the hip surgery might alleviate some of the pain if it were hip related, it also was likely that I would continue to experience my previous back pain. He also noted that it might feel worse at first due to all of the surgery related trauma and swelling in the area. He was correct on all counts. The hip replacement definitely resulted in some improvement of my back symptoms as well as my hip and severe leg pain. But certain activities and position still produce back pain, related to my previous issues. Often gentle stretches or certain exercises will help. Just as often, resting and either a hot bath or ice and acetaminophen do the trick as well. If you continue to experience the sharp pains and are worried, maybe you should check back in with your doctor. Perhaps a phone call would offer you some reassurance or direction on what to do about it. Take good care.
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Wondering how you’re doing since you last posted? Hopefully you’ve found relief from the back pain you mentioned and you’re enjoying progress. Please update us as time allows and know that we’re here for you.
A peaceful weekend to you. :)
@brisco06
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom