Guest viewing is limited

Boss thinks surgery isn't necessary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! I appreciate all the advice i am getting. It is amazing to hear from so many of you. I am also fortunate my husband and family support me. You have been entertaining me for awhile. It is like a soap opera with your thread - I tune in every day. I know you teach and bake but you should seriously consider writing. You and a few others are making a lot of people on this site feel good and make us laugh and cry. Who needs James Patterson. Need my coffee so gotta go. I appreciate your kindness!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I've always thought that these "miraculous recoveries" are corrupted from people who have had keyhole surgery on their cartilidges (I can never spell that!!). Of course they are back to work in a few days, sometimes playing sport, and are lumped together with TKR's in the category of " I've had my knee done!".

Some people (ie your boss) hasn't the wit or wisdom to know the difference. What a plonker!

Just think how your life will improve with your new knee, and all the things you will then do, the world will be your oyster! I used to work within a team, some of who were obnoxious. It's very stressful, and it took a heart attack to show me the way forward and open the door out for me. It's a bit of a dangerous strategy, so don't stick it, move on before it's too late.

Good luck!
 
Thanks for the good advice. I am looking forward to moving with my life in many areas!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I didn't mean to sound negative when I said I was told the Tru-Match sometimes get delayed. I don't know how much truth there is in that or whether it was just all part of the excuses I was given about why my surgery couldn't happen before my surgeon had to have surgery. The Scheduler told me so many "stories" that I'm not sure what was truth and what were excuses for someone dropping the ball. At any rate, I'm waiting until March now. I'll be anxious to hear how you do with the Tru-Match process. By the way, it's not that the knee replacements are different but that they provide a specialized "cutting template" for the surgeon that's supposed to be customized to our particular leg bones and result in less bone loss and less damage to soft tissues. Now Jo would say our results will depend most on the skill of the surgeon and I'm sure that's true but my surgeon recommended these to me based on my high BMI and I have to trust that he knows what will work best.
 
Hi Vancouver - No I thank you and did not take your statements negatively. That is how we can all learn from each other. My surgeon told me at my last visit with him that I was going to have a ct scan. That took 4 weeks for my insurance to approve and then get completed. The ct was a requirement for the tru-match knee according to my OS and I am not sure if it is normally done. I can also believe at this time of year there is a back log some due to insurance changes that take place in January. I will be letting you know how it goes though! Take care and hang in there! My knees are awful today ...


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
You have been entertaining me for awhile. It is like a soap opera with your thread - I tune in every day. I know you teach and bake but you should seriously consider writing. You and a few others are making a lot of people on this site feel good and make us laugh and cry. Who needs James Patterson.

Aaawh, thank you. :puppysmooze: It's either laugh out loud or SNAP for me! I have indeed had enough drama in my life to write, produce and STAR in a Soap Opera, a TV series and a Big Screen Movie with a sequel. :rotfl::cry: I do have a couple of books I plan on writing. One is in the works/on the back burner for now. I'm thinking the Knee Surgery one may get finished first... as soon as I get off the narcotics that is. I can barely type. :rolleyes: I finish a paragraph and swear all the words are in it, but in reality they're missing and or twisted like a scrambled word puzzle. lol The other day I seriously thought about adding a disclaimer to my signature at the end of my post, to say something like... "Please excuse any typos, I'm on drugs!" I think I'm gonna get on that right now... You heard it first. :loll:

You're right though, we all have out tale to tell and there a few folks I've run into on here that would make excellent writers. You never know, something good can come out of having your knee/hip sliced open and sawed on after all. :tada: Besides getting out life back! :egypdance::egypdance:

Hope you're having a Kneeeasy day! :flwrysmile:
 
You made me smile again and it is Monday morning which means work. I love the new disclaimer! Hopefully I will learn to project my personality in my writing the way you girls do! It is hard to reveal myself that way. I have a couple months to go for surgery so please stay on the forum. We need you!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I was going to have a ct scan
Yes, I had one. Part of what went on with my scheduling is that I think they didn't make my appt. soon enough and then there wasn't going to be time to get the Tru-Match done (supposedly takes at least 6 weeks after the Tru-Match folks receive the CT scan info). I'm guessing I'll probably have to have another one done when I get my surgery scheduled in the Spring since more damage may have occurred. I'll be bugging them to get it done ASAP to make sure it isn't a problem.

I was told this time is very busy in the OS dept. because everyone who satisfied their deductibles for the year is trying to get their surgeries in, plus there's the uncertainty of what changes may be happening for next year by the ins. companies.

My advice is to stay on top of the scheduling person to make sure they've made all necessary arrangements for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom