Blowin1 is ecstatic !

@blowin1 .
Good luck tomorrow, See you on the other side.
I am 8 weeks ahead of you and can finally say I have turned the corner.
Wishing you all the best tomorrow.
 
Ah thanks guys, having a little sniffle here at the moment - you've all been great. Bag is packed and going for my shower now and we are leaving at 10am for the 2.5 hour drive to the hospital. I'm bringing a little laptop with me, so I'll check in with you all later when I tucked up in my hospital bed. Roll on tomorrow !!!
 
Thinking of you Blowin. It's Nancy from the Recovery side. I'll be watching for your reports. So happy you are off to a new life. Be thinking of these teens poor tummies growlin' while you're away (not!) Blessings to you!
Nancy
 
I travelled to Galway (from Dublin) to see my OS that did my RTKR 11 years ago (cemented & a great sucess) to get his opinion on my LTKR (uncemented & a disaster) that went in 4 years ago by one of his former Dublin Colleagues. I had sent up all my bonescans/blood results etc so he was able to study them before I arrived. I was met by his reassuring grin, and he said I was to tell him all, as he put it "like you're in the Confessional box", so I poured my heart out and the tears came flooding out....he asked various questions and then after a long long unhurried chat he said, would I do him the honour of allowing him to fix my LTKR...cue more tears ! so I said yes, his secretary had already organised a double slot for me on the 11th June and also had all my pre-op tests organised to be done straight away, I practically skipped down for my blood tests, ecg, physio etc etc. I am being admitted a day early, this day 3 weeks I'll be in hospital. I am just so happy !
 
Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery!
I am going to have my first TKR on the 23rd June, I am nervous.
 
Hi all, thanks for your messages. Arrived safe and sound. Met my wonderful OS, wont be going to theatre till about 12 midday tomorrow as he wants me to be the last on his list so that he can spend as long as he needs on my revision.
 
Sounds like a great OS you have @blowin1 -looking forward to hearing how things progress for you.

@Michellewillow good luck to you on the 23rd. Keep up with BoneSmart - there is a lot of support here through every stage of your journey.
 
Morning bonesmarties, just finished a nice cup of tea !! and a mighty cup of tea it was ! Anaesthetist has been in, he says that I may wake up with a small catheter still in my knee attached to a syringe full of local anaesthetic and that for the first 24hours the nurses can push some anaesthetic in to help with pain. Going now for another shower so I'll talk to you all later. Good luck @Michellewillow for the 23rd
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom