Guest viewing is limited

THR Bletch is on the hipsie side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Shoe hello, no all I have been told is to exercise, walk see the PT in 2 Weeks and OS in 6 weeks.

Just injected myself with blood thinner for the first time, not much to that!

Will treat myself to a shave today after shower that will please the wife and daughter :) and then have OT teach me how to dress myself. After which it should be stairs and goodbye to hospital.

Thinking about that I bet it's a bit tough getting into and out of car without going past 90 deg, any advice?
 
I got home today.....it's so nice to be home. Keep up the good work Bletch
 
I am discharged, heading home with my new hip:)

[Bonesmart.org] Bletch is on the hipsie side
 
I've been watching your progress and I'm glad your doing well same for the rest who are posting about their recovery here, keep it up your encouraging the rest of us still to go through it :)
 
It's great being at home, my fantastic wife caring for me and I get lots of cuddles from the kids and dogs!
Pain free night in my nice comfortable bed:) stairs no problem, nor was getting in and out of the car.

My bruise has grown all the way down the back of my knee now and thigh quite swollen, so I keep icing regularly.

It's going to be a warm and sunny autumnal day here in Oxford UK so I will be out walking as advised by OS, slowly building up strength.
 
Hey Bletch, you sound like you are doing very well! Keep up the great work!
 
Doing good, been walking lots with sticks, resting and icing. Very little pain, bruising spread down to calf now so that's nearly the whole leg, looks pretty impressive!

Sitting is uncomfortable on anything other than sofa cushions. At the diner table or on a bar stool, get the feeling of pins and needles after about 10 mins. Going to watch local football team this morning so will try reclining deck chair with a few cushion combinations!

Hope everyone else is making good progress post op.
 
I remember the British deck chairs at the beach when I was growing up. Do they still have the canvas seat? If so, you may find it difficult to get out of. Do you have any restrictions?

Have fun watching the footy, hope your team wins :)
 
So glad you are doing so well
 
hi Bletch,
does,nt it feel good to get home :):):) u may find u get a increase in your pain once u start moving more which is quite normal , regarding bruising i think i have been lucky as i didnt really have any , a little but very minimal , i found elevating my legs at night a great help and icing , it does get easier every day i still cant lift my leg straight up when layng flat , but pain meds wise have reduced my use considerably , im only really needing them at night now to get a decent nights sleep , best wishes :dancy:xx
 
This time last week just out if bed shuffling round room on a frame today 5km walk with sticks in English sunshine. No additional pain all good.
 
5km one week out of surgery? :shocked: Hope you are icing a elevating Bletch!
 
hi Bletch
wow well done you !! i must be doing something wrong i can just manage to walk my son to school which is 5 mins round the corner hmm , maybe i need to push myself a bit more , :umm: but good for you xx
 
Bletch well done you and I bet your glad to be home. Keep up with the ice, my leg was black and blue and still is in places but the ice helps. You'll soon be dancing matey :)
 
Thanks all for supportive comments.

Red Shoe the bruising I have is incredible all the way down my leg to my ankle.

Jaycey yes icing lots and resting
 
Bletch. Congratulations! Sounds like we are race walking across the pond ;-)

It's absolutely amazing isn't it? Keep up the super work.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Fantastic progress Bletch, remember, slow and steady though :)
 
Had a busy weekend was on my feet a lot and did not experience any pain.
Saw PT Monday, 2 weeks post op, got given some new exercises and told I was doing well. Down to one crutch and advised to progress to none. Did stairs properly, that was a heads up on how weak the right muscles were! Shown how to lay on stomach and stretch back, that was nice after laying on back for 2 weeks. Shown how to pick things up without breaking the 90degree rule. Advised that I could start doing a bit of work on a static bike or cross trainer so that will bring a bit of variation, need to be very careful getting on and off.
Then went to see the practise nurse who removed my dressing and large streri strips, but that created a bit of bleeding so she did not cut my stitch ends, I am back tomorrow for that.
Bruising and swelling down a lot.
Started doing a bit of work from home too so that pleased my boss.
Also finding it easier to sit at a table and eat a meal now, still on high cushion, but it's a lot more comfortable.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom