Guest viewing is limited

THR Bionic Jaycey checking in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaycey.... how are you doing buddy? It has been awhile since speaking with you. Sounds like you are still dealing with new hip issues and getting everything to work in unison. I do have a suggestion for you and sleep. I am now dealing with upper neck arthritis... this is my new challenge. It causes nerve pain in my shoulders, upper back and both of my arms. Had all the x-rays which show the damage in my upper neck.... I am just finishing up with a month of PT for this issue. It has helped some... I am learning how to live and cope the best I can with the pain. Exercises, back to the herbal pain meds daily( bummer!) and a positive attitude is all I can really do.
I must add that my two bionic knees and hip are doing splendidly! No complaints!

Sleep is my biggest dilemma right now with this neck arthritis. Laying on my side or back causes stress and muscle stiffness so I can barely sleep. The PT exercises have helped some.. but another GODSEND was my purchase of a body pillow. This is a large body length pillow that you hug at night as your sleep on your side.. and it comforts and caresses all of your joints. It helps me to sleep on my side, without it I can only sleep on my back. I am sure you can purchase a body pillow in the United Kingdom. I purchased mine from a shopping channel here Called HSN. The body pillow is made by Hometics brand Under the seller Tony Little. Many brands are out there. OMG it is so wonderful to sleep with and have it comfort all your body, back, hips, arms shoulders! Please look into this as I really think it will help address your pain at night much better than just one pillow between your knees.

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.:tree: On to the new year! Wow, the last couple of years have been life changing for both of us in so many ways. Dealing with change... both good and not so good. I think the word dealing is appropriate. Life is full of challenges. We need to keep moving forward and always look for the good. Happy new year to you my friend Joan:SUNsmile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's do hard to get the gait right when you have foot & back issues too.
It sure is @Hoppy Nanny ! Feel like I have to watch every step. My shoes are bothering me as well. I am obviously turning or twisting my foot differently.

On a positive note I did a 2 mile walk yesterday. Other than being very out of shape cardiovascular wise the new hip has no real problems.

@gazelle7777 I have been wondering what you are up to. Sounds like the hip is the least of your problems. Try and get that arthritis pain controlled. I too have sleep issues if the back pain is not controlled. So sorry you are dealing with this new stuff. I will certainly look into that pillow. Several members here have had a good experience with one. Thanks for the reminder!

Here's hoping 2015 is a better year!
 
Happy New Year @Jaycey Hope it's the best ever....thanks for your amazing support....Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Aw thanks Chrissie! In many ways I am glad to see the back of 2014. Too many friends (human and furry) taken and yet another surgery. Time to start again with a new, fresh outlook.

All the best in 2015 @Hoppy Nanny !
 
Thanks very much @dickinson Devorah! Wishing you all the best in the New Year!
 
Happy New Year, @Jaycey :egypdance: Wishing you a happy, healthy, and romping 2015 - the year of the Lamb :beer:
 
Hi, I just want to reply to all of you out there, you all are amazing people to go through your surgeries and complications. Everyone is going through their own surgeries in their own way! This is God's plan. Either way, we will all prevail! :) I love how everyone is so supportive in our time of need. Jaycey, thank you for your inspiration. :)I need all the Iinsinspiration I can get. I'm staying strong! :) Take care, Scott
 
Jaycey, thank you for your inspiration.
Glad I inspired you Scott! This can be a long and very frustrating journey. And if you read this thread you will see I too started throwing things early in my recovery. No one likes the lack of mobility that this surgery produces. But in the end - you will get back to your work and the activities you love. Just keep at it!
 
Wow @Jaycey - a 2 mile walk - well done you :). Yes, new year, new location, two bionic hips, new phase of life = new beginnings xx I am very happy for you :)
 
Truth be known it was actually a 4 mile walk. My partner said it was 2 miles but my feet (and all the others that were on the walk with us) said it was longer. We measured later - 4 miles! Hip was fine but oh my aching feet!
 
Well, double WOW! :) - new walking shoes maybe? xx
 
Hi @Jacey I have just caught up with your thread and how great that you have been able to walk 4 miles especially when you thought that you had only done 2 ! I am very pleased for you.Reading through your thread it strikes me that you have paced your recovery just right and this has really paid off.I am sure this year will just get better and better for you
 
@Kim22 It may look like I paced my recovery but I was just as impatient as everyone else who had their surgery at the same time. I think the pay off was probably that I didn't wait for this THR and I followed the BoneSmart mantras through recovery.
 
@Jacey You make a good point as recovery seems to be quicker if you don't wait too long to have the surgery.I think most of us are impatient during this journey as we just want our active lifestyles back but it is just too easy to do too much when we start to feel better in those early weeks.
 
Hey @Jaycey just noticing that you only have one hip badge icon and you now have 2 bionic hips!! :thumb:

Seems like you are doing very well and that's great!! Now hold still so someone can pin that badge on… @Poppet or maybe @Jamie :)

Take care,
Cardie
 
Good catch Cardie! Thanks for stopping by my thread. I haven't updated in awhile. Life goes on. I continue to build strength in both hips now and relish the fact I no longer have that leg length difference. There is no instant recovery! My post op experience was much easier this time but the process does not just stop. Just keep moving is my motto!
 
Oh....I can take care of the second hip badge!!! Will do it now! You've earned it, Jaycey!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom