Guest viewing is limited

TKR Bingonut's recovery story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but they told me I would only be on Coumadin for 3 weeks post-op- that's why I'm confused they keep raising dosage
 
In that case, you'd better check with OS to find out why they are continuing you on it if you were only taking it because of the surgery. The nurse might have just seen that your level was low and not checked to see how long you were to stay on it. Sorry, I didn't understand - I have to take it for the rest of my life and know that the surgery will get me all messed up with it. I have atrial fibrillation and the concern is about blood clots causing a stroke.
 
Ok... Guess I should ask again- first time- I asked if anything was wrong & she said no, just have to get u on the right level. Today I didn't ask
 
Had bloodwork this morning & doctor's office called & said to decrease my warfarin & go back to 3... Can't wait to get off these pills!
 
Hi everyone... Just an update..feeling very fortunate! Had my post-op appt today with my OS & he was amazed & really pleased with my recovery. I had my TRKR done on Oct.11th- just 27 days ago.! Only spent 2 days in hospital, came home with a walker & only used it 1 day!even in the hospital they told me my leg was really strong. I was on pain pills every 4 hours in hospital but when I came home really didn't need them- just took them when sore before my exercises. Was bruised but that's gone. Finished with Coumadin & will now be on an aspirin regimen for 3 weeks then done! Had ultrasound & x-ray's today & they were great! But the best part... After 27 days the OS said I can drive!!! I don't have to go to out-patient therapy either (only went 4 sessions) he said I can do my exercises at home. I understand I still have some work to do but feel very positive I will be able to do it in no time! I also continue to elevate & ice. I have read some of these horror stories & had to share my story so people who are on this site & didn't have their surgery can keep in mind that everyone is different & it can be a success like mine was! I also had a wonderful Doctor, hospital, nurses, and 2 weeks of excellent home care- nurse & especially therapist!
 
Good day today! Actually got to shave my legs! But better than that... Drove my car!!! It felt great to do that...feeling like a normal person again! But I know I can't over-do it- just so happy I made it to this point!!! I do my exercises faithfully & rest, elevate & ice!! It works!!!!
 
Still doing well- had my post-op appt with OS who said I'm doing great. I have 1 concern- @ top of scar I have a thick scab yet. OS said it will fall off by itself but I may notice there are inside sutures attached to scab. He said if this happens- don't panic- just call & he will take care of it right away. Did anyone else experience this? btw- I was stapled on the outside


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Still doing well- had my post-op appt with OS who said I'm doing great. I have 1 concern- @ top of scar I have a thick scab yet. OS said it will fall off by itself but I may notice there are inside sutures attached to scab. He said if this happens- don't panic- just call & he will take care of it right away. Did anyone else experience this? btw- I was stapled on the outside


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom