I'm sorry your surgery had to be postponed, but it seems like a wise precaution.
Do let us know when you have a new surgery date, won't you?
Do let us know when you have a new surgery date, won't you?
AustraliaHi Atlas,
Thanks so much for getting in touch. My surgeon and anaesthetist decided that I’m too anemic at the moment for surgery.
My operation is postponed for a few weeks while I take medication to increase my white and red blood cell count. These numbers are down since I had radiation treatment for cancer.
I’m still going ahead with the surgery so I’ll be lurking around here for the next while and reading all the other stories.
I’m strangely relieved ( because I was feeling a bit washed out and nervous about that) but still very disappointed as I really badly need these new knees.
Thanks so much Atlas for getting back. I’ll be annoying the hell out of you with questions when I eventually get this business going.
Forgot to add that my lounge doctor is on the way and my gel freezing packs arrived today. I’m all set up and nothing happening! Maybe I’ll just practise and see if I can relieve some of the pre-op pain.

United States