• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Bilateral TKR

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'm sorry your surgery had to be postponed, but it seems like a wise precaution.
Do let us know when you have a new surgery date, won't you?

OP
OP
P

Patsyo

Country
Ireland Ireland
Thank you Celle. I’m sorry to have to wait too but I was a bit anxious myself about going ahead when the anesthetist had reservations. I still read all the other stories on Bonesmart and read the articles. It’s an extremely helpful site and I think I’ve learnt a lot from it. I’ll let you know when I get my next date and I’ll be depending on the great advice and support. Thank you all very much.

Atlas_aus

Country
Australia Australia
Hello @Patsyo,

I hope you are feeling better now you have postponed the surgery. Such a hard decision for all involved.

Hi Atlas,
Thanks so much for getting in touch. My surgeon and anaesthetist decided that I’m too anemic at the moment for surgery.
My operation is postponed for a few weeks while I take medication to increase my white and red blood cell count. These numbers are down since I had radiation treatment for cancer.
I’m still going ahead with the surgery so I’ll be lurking around here for the next while and reading all the other stories.
I’m strangely relieved ( because I was feeling a bit washed out and nervous about that) but still very disappointed as I really badly need these new knees.
Thanks so much Atlas for getting back. I’ll be annoying the hell out of you with questions when I eventually get this business going.
Sorry I don't really understand all the blood talk but hopefully the tablets will do the trick. I understand the need for pain free new knees, just a little longer hopefully for you. Question away, not sure I will have any answers though ! :) This site has been such a wealth of information for me, not sure what I would have done without it.

Forgot to add that my lounge doctor is on the way and my gel freezing packs arrived today. I’m all set up and nothing happening! Maybe I’ll just practise and see if I can relieve some of the pre-op pain.
Well that's great. Put them to use now, you may find the pain eases a lot. :flwrysmile:

Take care. :)

lovetocookandsew

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
I'm so sorry your much-needed surgery had to be postponed. This surgery and recovery takes so much out of us that it's best to be as strong as possible going into it. I understand totally the emotions that hit when we've faced the surgery, are all prepared to get it done, and then something happens and it's postponed.

In my case, I finally agreed to the revision after several years of not wanting to face it, and then my surgeon himself needed a surgery, so had to put mine off for a time. It was a blow, but I got through it, and the time passed until my new date came and it was finally done. I'm glad you're going to get those numbers where they need to be so you will be as healthy and strong as possible before your bilateral. Please let us know when you have a date again. Sending best wishes your way and hoping you feel better soon.

OP
OP
P

Patsyo

Country
Ireland Ireland
Thanks Atlas and lovetocookandsew. I will keep in touch and many thanks for your kind and supportive words.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Pianodolly
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom