Guest viewing is limited

Bilat..really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband is not dependable for support.
Well he should be, unless he's actually incapable for some reason. You've looked after him enough I'll betcha.
I need to be as independent as soon as possible post surgery.
A month of very restricted movement, at least.

And to recover you need to be able to do as LITTLE as possible, rest relax watch telly.
My at home support seems to be coming together much better.
Good.

If you can live all on one level, very good. I couldn't, and went up and down two flights of stairs to and from bed, once a day each way, for some weeks.

Good luck. BTKR is IMO the right way, if you can. All the trouble at once, rather than one after the other.
 
Apple pie I live alone. I didn't have a bilateral replacement but after a week I was taking care of myself, letting three dogs in and out and feeding them. I moved my 'nest' to the first floor. If you have at least a minimal amount of help for the big things in the beginning I'm sure you will be just fine.
 
Thanks so much, that's a relief. I know every one is different, but it's good to hear
 
A week after my first knee replacement, my husband had to go away on business for 3 weeks, so I had to manage on my own.
With plenty of prior planning, everything went well. I had cooked and frozen some meals in advance, and bought in stocks of non-perishable groceries before my surgery. I was able to order perishable food on line, from a supermarket that would deliver. I phoned for a taxi to take me to my post-op check up appointment, when I had my clips removed. Apart from still being rather sore and very slow to move, I thought it was a peaceful time.
 
My surgery was on the 13th, my husband was prepared to take 2 weeks off work, but I told him to go back to work, since last Friday I felt well enough to be left alone, I don't do anything crazy during the day, basically I do my exercises, rest, fix myself some lunch and nap :)
 
I only had one knee at a time but I live alone. I had a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. :heehee: My appetite wasn't much at first so pb&j actually was fine for lunches. I also had friends who brought meals and I had a few things I could pop in the micro. The main problem was not having a free hand at first to carry food from point A to point B.
 
How are you doing applepie? I had a bilat: LTKR and revision on right knee(femur half replaced and ligaments tightened) July 13th. Was in the hospital for a week and rehab with excellent PT unit for 3 weeks. Starting outpatient PT this Thursday. Having enough support from home now but couldn't have done it before. I sound like such a wimp compared to most on here! Hope you are having an easier time with it. Haven't see you post since surgery.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
34120 I find different replies in different ways I get into this thread it seems. Surgery went very well. ROM is doing well. I've had a harder time dealing will stamina, vertigo, and itching,blues.
Today I go topcp for total body itching, no rash. I was reluctant to go since I just went for vertigo a week ago. Wish that only had to deal with knees recovery.
I got great support from my daughters for 2+ weeks and husband has been pretty good.
I started walking with two canes on own at home yesterday. Aching a bit from that but felt good.
I think I'll try to drive myself soon. It's just that I will get exhausted from doing anything.
Are you doing better?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom