TKR Barometric Pressure?<

Hello All,
Happy March, hope you're all well!! I am ramping up to return to work on Monday! I feel good and await my Achilles surgery in April. I must go back as employer policy states, I am able to be off for sixteen weeks and I've already used 11, so I'll save some weeks for my Achilles surgery. If I'm off longer, which is ok, I would lose my medical benefits.... No thanks!

One concern, my left knee replacement (June 2017), the bad Achilles side, im hobbling... The replacement seems to "catch" at times and i have to force, pop it at some point with an extension of the leg. I do have an OS appt in a few weeks and shall ask him too. Just wondering if this is something you all are experiencing, is it to be expected? I've googled this too and haven't come up with much.
Thanks All!
April

Hello All,
Reporting in, had a successful Achilles repair on my left side. It does have some major medical terminology to it, but I can't even...
Compared to my TKRs, I'm feeling so great! Had my procedure 4/11/19 as an outpatient. Took tramadol on day/night one but only Motrin the remainder of the day and since.
Hoping this is the last procedure for my legs, EVER!
I wish you all the best! :dancy:

@A New Knee Here's to hoping your through with any leg procedures! :cheers: How's the right TKR going? You're still fairly early in that recovery too.

@FCBayern Thanks so much for asking! My RTKR is getting along. It feels strong and I'm using it 100%, no left leg use for two weeks! I get twinges of discomfort, but nothing past that. I'm only up to grab a bite to eat or use the potty during this left sided bit. I trust I'll be well healed in my two weeks time!
Here's to ice! Thanks to this team, I've made it through some really major surgeries.
I've compared my knee replacements as being amputated, bilaterally, having stilts embedded and being able to walk again. I love to think I have grown an inch taller (and much more in my life) and have no more arthritic pain!
Ok, no more sappy!
Happy healing and much love to all! :loveshwr:

Who's going to San Diego on May 4th?! Nope, not for anything Stars Wars related, but to celebrate the stars in ortho and meet Jamie (bone smarty administrator)!!

The second annual Joint Replacement Awareness Day is going on this day, and I signed up to go!

I'm so excited!! See you all there, I hope!!
:hi:

Oh my goodness!!! I feel like a movie star :blush:. I'm thrilled to hear that you'll be joining the group for the live San Diego Joint Awareness Day on May 4th. But sadly, I won't be able to meet you in person this year. Because I had my shoulder replaced in late February, my surgeon didn't want me to make that kind of trip so soon. I'll be there but it will be via computer this year. I'm sorry, but there's always next year!

I have to say, we are very saddened as a family to have to announce this. We have suddenly, unexpectedly lost my husband's sister today. I won't make it to San Diego this weekend to the joint replacement awareness day.
Jamie-i'm not sure how to cancel the reservation so someone else may have our seats. Could you possibly tell me what I should do?
Sorry.... Thank you. God willing, see you next year.

I’m so sorry for the loss of your sister in law. :console2:

i'm not sure how to cancel the reservation so someone else may have our seats. Could you possibly tell me what I should do?

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your sister-in-law. My heart goes out to you and your family. Don't worry about canceling the reservation to JRAD. We had to secure a larger room than we originally had planned and there will be plenty of room for anyone who can attend the live conference this Saturday.

My biggest fear ever... I fell yesterday on my new knees, down a driveway skidding along. I was walking my grandson up the culdesac and stepped into someone's deep dug sprinkler hole, and just went down (so did Josiah, but he's ok). They hurt so much, scraped up and bruised!! But, I feel like my bionic knees stood up and I don't feel like I need to rush to the doctor. However, I'll call Monday and request a film.

Attachments

• FEEC0772-6D06-445A-8314-A35640003685.jpeg
    FEEC0772-6D06-445A-8314-A35640003685.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 148
That was a bad spill, hope everything is good. It looks painful.

I’m so sorry you fell, yes, one of our biggest fears! I’m glad it seems the replacements are fine.:console2:

Update, they hurt so bad... Note to the wiser than I, don't fall!

Attachments

• 8DAD1489-7F0D-46D1-B3C4-444EEFB4754C.jpeg
    8DAD1489-7F0D-46D1-B3C4-444EEFB4754C.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 161
Bless your heart. I know you are in pain. I'm praying for your quick relief. That is one awful bruise you have there. Is the other one scraped? Be sure and let your OS know tomorrow.

I have fallen straight on my new knee twice now with no harm done to the implant. But, my soft tissues sure raised cain!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Mahaan98
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom