Hi all, at last I have managed to see my surgeon ( following 2 cancelled appointments ) he is very pleased with my progress and told me to treat the knee like a normal knee. Do things that I would normally do on a day to day basis. Ok, so what’s normal, I’m not sure I know that now. Anyway onwards and upwards.
He also advised massaging the knee with oil to help with the nerve jangling, which he said will desensitise the nerves in the knee. So I’ve started this and it is helping, I also have less pain, if any now.
I don’t see my surgeon now till next August, twelve months after surgery. He says he will x-ray the knee and see me in clinic.
I have also seen my physio therapist who is also happy with my progress, my ROM is now 110 and my leg is straightening now when extended. Thank goodness. Going to use my exercise bike from now on, but only for short periods and building up. PT have now discharged me, but I can go back for any advise if I need to.
So all in all, it is looking good, so much better than when I first started this journey. It’s now 10 weeks on Friday since my operation and I must say I thought I was never going to get here.
Thank goodness for this site. I have been spreading the message about this site to everyone I meet with knee or hip problems. And especially those that have had surgery,
Thank you so much for the advice and support. I shall keep browsing the site and if I can help anyone I will. Sorry for long post.
Kind regards Maria xx



